Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily food log on android app

ANSWERED

Is there any way to change the "percentage of fat" to "grams of fat" in this app?  I'm trying to keep my total grams under a certain amount each day but on the app, it just shows it as a percentage.  Thanks.  Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Rabbit49 --

Bad News:  the answer to your question is no.

Good News:  it's easy to determine grams of fat anyway.  Use the Calculator on your Android to multiply the percentage of fat times the total calories to give you the fat calories.  Then divide that by 9 calories per gram to give you grams of fat. 

% Fat X Total Calories / 9

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Rabbit49 --

Bad News:  the answer to your question is no.

Good News:  it's easy to determine grams of fat anyway.  Use the Calculator on your Android to multiply the percentage of fat times the total calories to give you the fat calories.  Then divide that by 9 calories per gram to give you grams of fat. 

% Fat X Total Calories / 9

Best Answer

Thanks for your "equation".  Makes sense!   After I wrote that question tho, I wanted to also ask about the rest of the nutritional breakdown like fiber, saturated fat, cholesterol, etc.  I hate to use a different app for that since the fitbit logs my exercise with calories expended.  Would have been nice to see my total fiber, sat fat etc each day from one app.  But in the meantime, unless there is an upgrade to the fitbit app, I can at least get my total grams of fat each day.  Thanks again for your help!  

Best Answer

@Rabbit49 -- I think MyFitnessPal might better provide that information, and it will sync to Fitbit so that Fitbit can then calculate calorie deficits and targets.  I don't use it myself, but many here do and report that they prefer it.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Dave!  I just downloaded that app and got it synced with my fitbit app.  Perfect and just what I needed!!! 

Best Answer