Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dinner Binger!!

ANSWERED

Tips? Tricks??

I eat good all day (sticking to healthy meals and under my weight watchers point value).And then DINNER arrives and i eat everything!! I crave fast food, pasta, CARBS! This happens at least 4 times a week! Im looking for any tips to help curb my craving whendinner time come! Dinner Meal Ideas??

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

part of the question is, are eating this much because you are hungry?  or because you're feeling deprived?

if it's due to hunger, you may want to actually eat more during the day.  hopefully, this will make you less hungry during dinner and less likely to binge.

if it's due to deprivation, i'm not sure i can answer that one.

LCHF since June 2013

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

If you eat lunch around noon then dinner around 6 that is a 5 hour gap between meals, try to eat something that is filling but not full of calories around 3, something like an apple, some mellon or another filling fruit then before dinner, drink a glass of water. We usually plan our weekly meals so I can adjust my breakfast and lunch accordingly. If I am not eating any carbs with dinner then I can allow a carb or two for breakfast or lunch or I allow myself some type of dessert during the day. I agree with the others, if you are binge eating at dinner you are under eating during the day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

part of the question is, are eating this much because you are hungry?  or because you're feeling deprived?

if it's due to hunger, you may want to actually eat more during the day.  hopefully, this will make you less hungry during dinner and less likely to binge.

if it's due to deprivation, i'm not sure i can answer that one.

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

That's a habit that's going to take some reconditioning on your part. Ideally most of your calories consumed should be breakfast and mid-day. That way you're active and keeping your blood sugar even and food becomes energy. If you barely eat during the day and come home n' eat your way through the kitchen you're setting yourself up for weight gain. Especially if you tend to migrate to the couch after dinner. I will sometimes have a fairly full dinner, but I also walk my dogs a few miles late night so it balances out.

Best Answer

Eat better during the day!  Include a mid- to late-afternoon snack that has protein.  I don't understand what you mean when you say that all day you are eating under your WW point value.  If you are relying on "diet" food to come in "under," change THAT to actual food that is minimally processed and natural.  Include fat in your daily meals (not just the "two teaspoons of healthy oil").  Dinner options that include a good protein source along with plenty of vegetables, plus or minus a whole grain, will be more satisfying.  Allow "points" for a snack later.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Megan_95 wrote:

Tips? Tricks??

I eat good all day (sticking to healthy meals and under my weight watchers point value).And then DINNER arrives and i eat everything!! I crave fast food, pasta, CARBS! This happens at least 4 times a week! Im looking for any tips to help curb my craving whendinner time come! Dinner Meal Ideas??

Thank you!

Redefine what "healthy meals" means, and at least hit your eating goal, and work some of what you want in to your daily life.

Or else you'll just start a cycle of depriving too much (for really no good reason, unless you ate nothing but Little Debbies), and then falling off wagon.

If you reach goal weight, that effect happening will be a lot worse when trying to maintain weight, then it'll actually be surplus to add on fat.

Now you are just likely losing your deficit and not losing weight.

So WW meal plan already has you eating at a deficit, usually pretty major, and usually pretty unreasonable.

And you are attempting to eat UNDER that goal?

Yes, I'm sure you crave any calories really, body wants to stay at same fat level, and will send out the hormones to help obtain that. But farther down it's feeling at risk, and before it slows your system and movements down to compensate for lack of food, it goes for the hungrier method.

What your Fitbit steps daily, I'm betting you'll notice them start going down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you eat lunch around noon then dinner around 6 that is a 5 hour gap between meals, try to eat something that is filling but not full of calories around 3, something like an apple, some mellon or another filling fruit then before dinner, drink a glass of water. We usually plan our weekly meals so I can adjust my breakfast and lunch accordingly. If I am not eating any carbs with dinner then I can allow a carb or two for breakfast or lunch or I allow myself some type of dessert during the day. I agree with the others, if you are binge eating at dinner you are under eating during the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just something I would like to add if you're craving too much and it's not actually because  you're hungry, try this advice

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes