Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discouraged

Feeling a bit discouraged.  Have gained close to 40 lbs in a year and just stopped caring. Back now and trying again - I know that it works - I have lost a lot of weight before through tracking and light exercise (walking) - just need to pick up, dust off and begin.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Keep your head up.  You can do it.  I lost 90 pounds last year, but gained some of it back, but have rededicated myself to dropping the weight and it is starting to come back off.

Best Answer

It's all about making small, incremental changes that you can commit to, and make into lifelong habits. And patience 🙂

Good luck, you can do this!

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer

You got this. Congrats on continuing your fitness journey

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Carla,

I am also a bit discouraged. I have gained 20lbs since Covid and feel like having to get moving again is really, really hard. I am going to start slow as well - some regular walking and then get back to weight training. I would be interested in hearing how your progress goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Carla,

How are you doing now? It's been a few weeks since your message and I hope that you've found the motivation to get back to it😊. I have just recently got back to logging everything again. Things were beginning to slide and the scale went up a bit. Hang in there, I hope to hear how you are doing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, how are you? I'm sure you'll be fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh Hell yeah the struggle is REAL!  FitBit helps though...  Good first step is showing up...  

Best Answer
0 Votes

No one is coming back for second comments in here.  I'm wondering what works best for those who lost lots of weight in the past.  Seems like a person could spend too much time thinking about food all day, logging and tracking things, than is good for them.  I'm at my fattest at the moment, but I know exactly what caused it.  I'm just going to stop those 3 things.   Salty almonds, potato chips, and frozen great meals my son in law cooks.  I can avoid or limit to one at a time M&M peanuts.  I'm reducing wine to 6 ounces and then switch to no calorie ginger ale which isn't too sweet.  Those already cooked meals are the biggest hazard probably.  Anyway,  I think I can do this without counting things maybe.  I don't want to think about food so much.  I may have to throw away my son's creations with pasta in them.  Should I tell him though.  

I'm very short.  5 pounds makes a difference in how clothes fit. I never have to try on clothes though because I have the weight they fit written on the inside on the pockets.  Also Navy or black.  I refreshed the color on some black pants  with black dye but I can still read the marker numbers thank goodness.   

My weight gain started with a gout arthritis attack that put me on crutches for a very short while.  Now I do exercises 2 times a day for hip joints laying in bed (for 5 minutes) and ride my bike 10 minutes.  I'm getting pretty active again too, but mostly when people do exercise to lose weight they eat more and don't lose.  So exercise for better health or to build muscle.  Sitting on the couch all day uses hardly any calories.  For short me, 900 a day!!!  I envy all you taller people who can eat more and lose faster.  Get busy, cut out whatever caused you to gain weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes