Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RENPHO Scale

So I just bought the RENPHO Scale that syncs with Fitbit. I was going to buy the Fitbit scale but from the reviews and cost I went with  RENPHO Scale. Anyone have any good things to say about it?

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

First time I hear from them (they appear to be a very young company, two years old). Hope your new scale willl serve you well and you were able to link its app to the Fitbit app. If you have done it already, do you get both weight and body fat data in Fitbit?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Dunno just ordered it from Amazon I will get it tomorrow. Honestly I would have liked the fitbit scale but it had really bad reviews. 

I downloaded there app and linked it already to fitbit. once I get the scale I will sync with both apps. We will see

Best Answer

@bryandrev wrote:

Dunno just ordered it from Amazon I will get it tomorrow. Honestly I would have liked the fitbit scale but it had really bad reviews. 

I downloaded there app and linked it already to fitbit. once I get the scale I will sync with both apps. We will see

How is it working out for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the Renpho scale - my husbands phone connected without issues.  Mine on the other hand refuses to sync (my phone is much newer than the husbands).. but, the good news is that when I enter the weight into the RENPHO app, it syncs to fitbit right away.  So, if I can get my phone to work right with the scale (through bluetooth), this will be pretty awesome.

Best Answer

I noticed mine is goofy too. It appears that I habe to do it twice. Make sure you have connection to fitbit through the app. take measurement. Go back look at connection to fitbit, mine is normally turned off once I measure so I turn it on again and re measure. Seems like a bug

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone by chance know what the colors of the measurements mean on the app? I know they’re related to the sliding scale, but for instance my weight and bone mass are yellow while everything else is green, is that indicating that having high bone mass is bad? If anyone has any ideas I would love some help, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Doesn't it say what they mean in the renpho app?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MReilly wrote:

my weight and bone mass are yellow while everything else is green, is that indicating that having high bone mass is bad? If anyone has any ideas I would love some help, thanks!

I’m not using this particular scale, but I’d guess this means your bone mass is slightly lower than would be expected for someone your age and your size. Yellow weight, OTOH, would indicate you’re either underweight or overweight (as per BMI).

However, I wouldn’t pay too much attention to bone mass estimated by a scale. Bone density is likely not an issue given your age, unless you’re eating a diet that results in severe deficiencies.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

It does, but it’s unspecific. It just says my bone density is high, my weight is high, which doesn’t make sense from many other physical standpoints which is why I was confused 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for your feedback though, much appreciated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm looking for a decent scale that measure my BMI too.

Would you say this scale is worth purchasing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Je55 wrote:

You don’t really need a scale to measure BMI: it’s just a ratio between your weight and you height, so it doesn’t change much (on a day to day basis) and it’s displayed in your Fitbit account if you update your weight there.

Maybe you meant body fat % instead?

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

I think I may have to explore the functions on my fitbit. 

I wanted scales to measure my body fat % 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Je55 wrote:

Would you say this scale is worth purchasing?

Tanita has full body composition scales that measure BMI but the models that can do this function are quite pricey.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Je55 wrote:

Strictly speaking, scales send a (weak) current into you body through your feet (and possibly your hands too, for some scales), measure the impedance of that current and estimate your body fat % based on that. The stress is on estimate here. There are known limitations to that method. It seems to work well for some people, and less so for others.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

@Je55 wrote:

I think I may have to explore the functions on my fitbit.  

BMI is displayed graphically (chart for the last 30 days) in the third screen found under the Weight section of your mobile app:

bmi chart2.png

If your scale can sync to your Fitbit account, BMI will be updated each time you step on the scale, even if the scale itself doesn’t display BMI. This is the case with the Fitbit Aria scale, for instance.

Again, BMI and BF% are two different things (although they tend to correlate with each others).

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Ya! So far I really like it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just pretty got this scale for myself as a Christmas gift...I know cheap gift right. Anyway I finally used it for the first time and it synced easy to my iPhone but not so easy to my android phone. I have 2 phones since one is for business. So far I like the scale. Will see how I feel about it 6 months from now 

Best Answer

Point noted, very useful to know. 

I've tried the online body fat calculator- entering your waste, hip, neck measurements, height, weight, age and gender . Don't know if this better than the scale, just looking for something to see meaure progress..   guess there's aways a mirror and tape measure.

@Dominique wrote:

@Je55 wrote:

Strictly speaking, scales send a (weak) current into you body through your feet (and possibly your hands too, for some scales), measure the impedance of that current and estimate your body fat % based on that. The stress is on estimate here. There are known limitations to that method. It seems to work well for some people, and less so for others.

Best Answer
0 Votes