Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RENPHO Scale

So I just bought the RENPHO Scale that syncs with Fitbit. I was going to buy the Fitbit scale but from the reviews and cost I went with  RENPHO Scale. Anyone have any good things to say about it?

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

Works fine and I like my renpho. Very reasonable and lots of data.

Best Answer

Thanks for that.  That's very useful to know as I didn't know the scales can sync to the fitbit account ... very clever! Shall try and get a decent scale that  has that option. 🙂  

Best Answer

I have the Pixel 2 and cannot seem to get the measurements to send to the app. I also cannot seem to get the body comp to work. Any suggestions?? 

Best Answer

If you tap on the item, it will open a box to explain the color coding

wrote:

Does anyone by chance know what the colors of the measurements mean on the app? I know they’re related to the sliding scale, but for instance my weight and bone mass are yellow while everything else is green, is that indicating that having high bone mass is bad? If anyone has any ideas I would love some help, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Renpho and I'm very happily surprise with it. For the price it dones tons of stuff. It sync automatically with my phone and recognize if is me or other person on the scale., Give ton of info and connects perfectly with Fitbit.

To get more info on the app you have to start clicking on the thing you want and after a couple of click you can even delete some logs or edit.

You can manually input data but it seems that it just can be done for today data, i would have love to put old data from my old scale app to have more history on it ...but well.

Great Scale for $31.99 and free prime shipping..what more can you ask?! 🙂

Best Answer

I find that I need to turn fitbit off and then back on again, in the renpho app, before measuring.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

I find that I need to turn fitbit off and then back on again, in the renpho app, before measuring.

@tdwill - agreed - I have found the Renpho app to unpredictable.  Also, if I don't close it out, it chews up my battery.  Here are the tweaks I've come up with (I have an Android):

• Turn off Location Services
  • Start the app before weighing
  • Step on the scales and wait for the weird sound (cross between a cuckoo clock and a frying pan to the skull)
  • Close the app afterwards.

If I follow these steps exactly, it works, sometimes.  Except on Tuesdays.

For entertainment, read the instructions and try to figure out what they mean.

Actually, I can't complain -- the Renpho is so inexpensive, I'm happy that it works at all.  

Best Answer

I would advise that your husband add you as a member on his app. Since his phone is paired with the scale, you'll be able to see your weight data on his easily. I did this with my wife's account too. You can also try to pair the scale with your phone by insuring there are no other bluetooth devices that will disrupt the signal. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever figure this out? I just got a RENPHO scale and it says that my weight and bone mass is also high, but everything else is green! I am 26 years old, 5’3”, and weigh 128lbs and the app says that my weight is too high. It says that 100lbs is a standard weight......I would be dead!! Is there any setting that you can change or could this be a glitch?

Best Answer
You should focus mainly on the BF. If it's before 17 then you're probably
athletic build and you need to indicate that in your profile.
--

*Associate Pastor Joe Corrales DBS.*

*New Hope United COG7*

For info about us visit newhopeunitedchurch.org
Best Answer
0 Votes

My body fat is about 23%, so I don’t think I’d be considered as an athletic build. I tried it though, and my weight is still in the yellow/high. I know that I’m not overweight, it’s just frustrating to see!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@merritt_lynne wrote:

Did you ever figure this out? I just got a RENPHO scale and it says that my weight and bone mass is also high, but everything else is green! I am 26 years old, 5’3”, and weigh 128lbs and the app says that my weight is too high. It says that 100lbs is a standard weight......I would be dead!! Is there any setting that you can change or could this be a glitch?

While the Renpho scale is FDA approved, it is not a medical grade device so you should take the readings as reference only.  It is not meant to be for medical advice and should not be construed as such.  The weight readings from this Renpho is pretty close to a medical grade scale.  I work in health care and own this scale, so I know that it's very dependable.  Everything else like BMI, BMR, skeletal muscles use body impedance, so it may not be as accurate as a medical grade measuring device.  

The best way to use this scale is to first get a doctor's measurements of all your body measurement geometry on your annual checkup, then by looking at these metrics, you assign them appropriately to Renpho's metrics.  Then just observe the trend lines for those metrics if they go up or down.  Which will then reflect quite closely to your medical grade measurements performed by your doctor.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You should talk to your Primary care physician about your ideal weight.
But yes, the scale is connecting to Bluetooth without issue now.
Best Answer

I agree. The weight charts they use are way off. I’m 5’7” and I would be overweight at 135 according to their scale. That is urealistic. 

Best Answer

The scale was easy to sync to my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's the main problem with this scale. I'm 5'11", athletic build with a
body fat of 16. Because my weight is 185, I am considered overweight. I
added about 10-15 pounds of muscle from weight training and it views this
as a negative thing. I'd say that if you have a low body fat and you're in
great shape, you use your own judgement on how you're doing.
--

*Associate Pastor Joe Corrales DBS.*

*New Hope United COG7*

For info about us visit newhopeunitedchurch.org
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this! How can my BMI be green and my weight red??? BMI is height and weight ratio and I can't grow.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please stop emailing me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@tdwill wrote:
Please stop emailing me.

You’re receiving e-mail notifications when there are new replies to this topic because you are subscribed to it. And you are subscribed to it because you chose to when contributing to the topic (it’s the default behaviour). If you no longer want to receive notifications, unsubscribe from the topic. You can do so via the cogwheel symbol on the right side of the topic title.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@RokynRob wrote:

How can my BMI be green and my weight red???

It looks to me like the various colours reported in this topic come from Renpho (whether they are displayed on the scale itself or in their app), not from Fitbit, so questions about them should perhaps be sent to Renpho?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer