Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RENPHO Scale

So I just bought the RENPHO Scale that syncs with Fitbit. I was going to buy the Fitbit scale but from the reviews and cost I went with  RENPHO Scale. Anyone have any good things to say about it?

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

@RokynRob wrote:

Thank you for this! How can my BMI be green and my weight red??? BMI is height and weight ratio and I can't grow.

That's the Renpho Christmas theme

Best Answer

@Daves_Not_Here LOL!!! Christmas theme....bahahahaha. 🙂

Best Answer

It's great! No problems. Inexpensive and way better reviews than fitbit scale. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, well worth the money. I love mine!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like @Daves_Not_Here’s Renpho stopped working 3.5 months ago, as it’s no longer updating his TrendWeight. My Fitbit Aria is still going strong after 5.5 years.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I like mine
Best Answer
0 Votes

I like my Renpho scale so far.  A bit more than 6 months of use and it is still working and syncing to Trendweight.  If the scale stops syncing to Trendweight, don't be cheap and use the cheesy batteries that came with the scale.  Use better batteries.  Then make sure you keep updating the app to counteract Fitbit's rather annoying protective measures to secure their own scale sales, so occasionally you can't sync.

And if that doesn't work; log out of Renpho, relog in and sign out of Fitbit and re-sign in and then use the Fitbit app on the phone to re-sync.  The syncing issues is not Renpho's fault; but rather it is Fitbit's way of limiting third party devices and how Fitbit continually BLOCK syncing of third party watches like my Apple Watch.  My 3rd party app that sync my Apple Watch to Fitbit app now no longer works after Fitbit changed something and there is no update to my iOS app.  So basically, my Fitbit app's purpose is to keep sync with Trendweight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique wrote:

Looks like @Daves_Not_Here’s Renpho stopped working 3.5 months ago, as it’s no longer updating his TrendWeight. My Fitbit Aria is still going strong after 5.5 years.

Pilot error - I got a new phone and haven't discombobulated the Bluetooth yet.  So, I can't blame the Renpho, as much fun as it is to do so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought the scale and love it syncs perfect and pretty accurate . For 33 bux is insane good

Best Answer

I had an issue with it at first but tech support fixed it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone use their Renpho to sync weight to other platforms besides Fitbit? If not is it something you want?

I built an app for my Withings scale to sync with Garmin/Strava/TrainerRoad, and was wondering if it would be worthwhile to support Renpho/Fitbit as well.

Best Answer

68CB3613-441D-4CAD-A369-782D5192410B.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Green- Within the average percentile

Yellow- Higher then the average percentile

Blue- Lower then the average percentile

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you sync any other apps with FitBit and if so, does the information flow fluidly? ie I use MFP which will draw data from FitBit and MFP talks to Google Fit (I gave up on FitBit trackers after getting only an average of 2 years of life out of each) but I like having my data all in one place

Best Answer
0 Votes

I could supervise you how you'll go about it if you don't mind.

Best Answer

Mine just came today.  I am very technically challenged.  I can't figure out how to do anything with it except step on it and get weighed.  I wanted it because it says it syncs with fitbit. I plan on watching some YouTube videos to try to figure it out.  I need instructions that are really step-by-step!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sinch: Make sure you have installed the Renpho App and the Fitbit App (which you obviously have) then just make sure that both apps are open when you step on the scales every morning as soon as you wake up, naked and after you have been to the toilet. Do the same every day and you will get an authentic reading. Also make sure the scales are on a hard surface i.e. not on carpet. When you step on them you need to stay on them until the second reading has stopped. This will then go straight to both Renpho and Fitbit apps and you will see where you are at.

Scales only read your weight but are an integral part of your daily routine so build it in. Once you have your weight and you have entered your height into Fitbit App you can then monitor your progress.

Look at your BMI because that's where it is all at. All the other info is great and will all turn green as you near your ideal BMI. (You should always know what your weight and BMI is and what your target weight and target BMI is.)

A lot of fat people do not know their weight let alone their BMI. You see them on TV etc. Knowing your weight whatever it is is absolutely essential for without it you have nowhere to start and therefore nowhere to finish. It's only between you and the statistics and no-one else (it's your body) so you have to be totally honest with yourself which many are not.

Best Answer

I am VERY happy with my Renpho scale so far.  I find it hard to believe that the price is so low for what it does.  It syncs with both Fitbit and My Fitness Pal.  It has me weighing daily, which was always a problem for me before.  And because I know I am going to get on the scale, my eating has greatly improved.  It's the little tricks we use that help us succeed!!

Best Answer

I've been using my Renpho scale for about a year or so and I LOVE it. I can't believe I almost spent $$$ for the Fitbit scale when the Renpho was $ (I want to say it was around $20)!!!

Best Answer

Here's what you get:

Weight

BMI

Body Fat%

Fat free Body Weight

Subcutaneous Fat

VisceralFat

Body Water

Skeletal Muscle

Muscle Mass

Bone Mass Protein BMR