Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFFECT OF WEIGHT LOSS

I have been using FitBit for some time, however, over the past several months I have increased my activity and been watching my diet. I have a large belly that seems to remain pretty much at the same size, but around the edge at the bottom I am starting to see loose skin flabby skin. Is this normal?

HItori_One

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

If/when you lose a significant amount of weight (especially in a relatively short period of time), it is not unusual to have loose skin, as your skin does not dynamically shrink to match the loss of tissue. Over time, your skin will shrink, though to what extent and how fast depends on factors like genetics, age etc.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

if you can start up some kind of strength training.. you need to give your skin something to attach to- it will for sure not be the same, but it helps. I have it some too from losing a lot of weight in a short period and kids but the benefits of good health out way it.. plus I clean up OK 🙂

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes