Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early to bed, early to rise, eat less (?) and sleep better.

Do your enjoy snacking in the morning like you might at night?  Could you avoid calories if you went to bed a little earlier?  If you eat 100 calories less each day, eventually you might lose 10 pounds.

Recently I read you sleep much better if you eat no salt and drink no liquid during the last 2 hours before you go to sleep.,  (Salt would make you thirsty?)  You could drink a cup of water 125 minutes before bedtime.

I joke about my 60 calorie candy breakfast.  With each gummy of a multi-vitamin, vitamin c  & Omega 3,  I take a dry pill of some kind; vit. D, K, Zinc selenium, potassium & hormones,

For brunch you could have a bowl of oatmeal with some 15 calorie, 6" diameter, rice cakes, made in New Jersey, thinly buttered (with a rubber spatula) and salted. I've never seen them anywhere except in one HEB store,  I don't think this forum will allow me to say the name of the to help you find them as it might be like advertising, but they are so diet friendly.  Magic Pop; call around.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I actually find the opposite. If I don't eat later in the day, like half hour before bed, I am hungry and can't sleep well. I think we all have different approaches to keeping ourselves satisfied while still maintaining a healthy lifestyle. and you can share the name or brand, it isn't advertising. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

@emili so it looks like I am not the only night eater here 😁 My last meal is usually shortly before sleep. Nothing too heavy but I don't like to go to bed hungry. I sleep better when my stomach isn't empty. I incorporated night eating into my lifestyle.

I often skip breakfast because I'm not hungry. I eat when I'm hungry or whe  situation requires it (like during bike race). Still, I'm aware of how much (calories) I eat but I don't follow any special rules when to eat or any meal plan. I don't take any supplements either. However, due to very active lifestyle, I may be getting away with some of my choices (I often have to eat to provide immediate power so sometimes end up with less healthy choices) 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eating and drinking are different.  The article I read said NO DRINKING AND NO SALT  the last 2 hours before bedtime.  You can eat all you want.  LOL    I've been having happy hour early but I do a bit better if I don't drink wine even 2 hours before bed I think.  I  delay breakfast and seem to do better when I do.  Eating nothing can seem easier than limiting items or serving sizes sometimes.  And eating a bit of something, like an M&M Peanut just makes you want more.  Better to forget the taste???

Best Answer
0 Votes

My food usually has salt (although not crazy amounts, I don't like very salty foods), I don't really avoid it and see no such need. Also, salt binds water and it may help you sleep better (or rather continuous) by preventing night visits to the bathroom. Rarely, I have a glass of wine just before sleep because... it makes me sleepy 😁 this is however very rare because I simply drink almost no alcohol at all so the effect I get may be related to my low tolerance. Well... there is no one way of doing things that will work for everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning  I've decided I really want to lose 6 pounds.  I am small so the most I can hope for is probably a pound a week.  I could be slim by the middle of April.  Anyone want to join me?  It could be a challenge.?  Maybe I'll report progress along the way.

Best Answer
0 Votes