Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 14th to April 1st 2019

Welcome to the newest challenge and the second one of 2019! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for this challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

Current starting weight - 204.6 (2/14/19)

LW - 204.2

CW - 204.6

GW - 195.0 (4/1/19)

Stretch goal weight - 193.0

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer

CW-211.4

PW-211.2

GW-195

MGW-205

BF%-27.9

Best Answer

Well, I didn't lose anything this round, too much snacking!!!  I lost 50 lbs 3 years ago, and I want to lose 8 more and stay there.  I just can't  keep it off.  I keep gaining and losing the same 8 lbs!!!!! The suggestions on here are helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

LW - 204.6

CW - 203.8

GW - 195.0 (4/1/19)

UGW - 150.0

I normally weigh on Saturday so that is the only reason for posting twice this week.

I had a huge cheat day on Thursday and did not expect a loss but maybe I shocked my system?

Best Answer

Current Starting Weight - 113 kg (249.1 lbs) Monday - 2/18/19

CW: 113 kg (249.1 lbs)

GW: 105 kg (231.5 lbs) (4/1/19)

Stretch Goal Weight: 104 kg (229.3 lbs)

UGW: 91 kg (200.0 lbs) 

I'm planning to weight-in three times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)

Best Answer

Current Starting Weight - 113 kg (249.1 lbs) Monday - 2/18/19

CW: 113.5 kg (250.2 lbs) Wednesday - 2/20/19

GW: 105 kg (231.5 lbs) (4/1/19)

Stretch Goal Weight: 104 kg (229.3 lbs)

UGW: 91 kg (200.0 lbs) 

Best Answer

CW-209.4

PW-211.4

GW-195

BF-27.4

Best Answer

LW - 203.8

CW - 209.0

GW - 195.0 (4/1/19)

UGW - 150.0

Huge gain for a number of reasons all stemming from sewer issues at my house. Last week was so out of control. We had to stay at a hotel one night, didn't go grocery shopping, forgot to take my meds, didn't get to the gym, etc., etc., etc. 

Hoping to shape up this week and lose at least some of last week's gain.

Best Answer

Hi all,

I used to be a nearly daily visitor, group member about a year or so ago.  We went from one holiday to the next usually.  I don't see the members that I remember but perhaps that ongoing group disappeared or this is the right one that it became. 

SW 152.8

CW 152.4

GW 147 by Apr 1

UGW 140

I gained the extra weight by snacking late at night on healthy food but eating and not burning much while sitting in front of the TV will do it every time. My knee is getting better so I can do at least 5000 in steps a day. 

Good luck and health to you all. Ate lentil soup and lentil crackers for lunch. It is time to get up and burn so calories by finishing some painting of the dining room. 4170 steps so far today from an exercise class this am. 

Barbara G

Best Answer

I am also snacking way too much.  I have gained 10 lbs . I have been trying since Jan, but my weight is going the wrong way.  I lost 50 lbs 4 years ago.  Today I have reached my highest weight since then.  I am hoping that starting today, I will be accountable.  

SW 146

GW 140

UGW 135

Best Answer

New here and a couple of weeks late but better late than never!

USW - 152 - I have not weighted this much since I gave birth to my first child over 20 years ago!

SW - 152

CW - 152

GW - 145

MGW - 145 - my preholiday weight : )

UGW- 135 

I am hungry all the time! I used to be very active but can barely fit activity in now that I have 2 hours of commuting and work full time. I hate the gym, it feels so artificial. But I have this great black dress I want to fit in for our cruise... so LETS DO THIS!!!

Best Answer

@dancefoxtrot  - You are in the right place! Many of the 'old guard' seem to have disappeared or someone started another thread and we missed it. @_Lilac_  and myself are still here though she has been going through health issues and doesn't post often.

Best Answer

Welcome to all the new people! Post often, we are all on the same journey and just might be able to offer some useful advise to whatever you are facing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Cele21

Good to know that @Lilac still comes by. Bobbinyc may return also.  Tonight I took an Waltz class that lasted about 1 1/2 hour. Yikes I'm out of practice but my knees seem to how survived it. I'm icing my knee and sipping nighty night tea so I don't eat since it is 11 pm. Writing to you folks instead of munching out.  

Listening to Dr. Perlmutter  talking about exercise, fiber, probiotics, low sugar and simple carbs, etc. He also mentioned the importance of daily gratitude. I'm grateful for PBS as I love learning. Grateful that I love dance and I managed to take 6,885 so far today.  

Stay strong.

Barbara G 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome Debb21 

We are in the same weight range and I got down to 135 but I am back at 152.8 as of this morning.  I think I will get back to the less late night eating and drink more water. 

Stay strong,

Barbara 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sjst23 

Hi and welcome,

Do you like dancing and walking instead of going to the gym.  I was just on a cruise at xmas time and used some of the machines in the gym there.  It is fun for me but I would much rather dance the fat off. 

Hopefully I can lose a a lb. a week by moving more and eating less late at night.  

We sure can do this. 

CW 152.8

GW 148

UGW 140 

Best Answer
0 Votes

CW 211.6

PW 209.4

BF% 28.8 

Had a slight gain this week. Need to make some adjustments to my nutrition intake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dancefoxttrout, I have the same plan. Lose 1 lb a week and less snacking!!!! Let's do this!

Best Answer

LW - 209.0

CW - 202.4

GW - 195.0 (4/1/19)

UGW - 150.0

Made some calorie adjustments to a harder goal (2lbs/week) and stuck with it all week. Hit the gym 3 times which allowed me over 9000 steps on two days and made 10000 on another. I think the biggest reason for the large gain/loss over the last two weeks was taking my blood pressure and water retention medication regularly (missed 3 days last week). So glad to be back down.

Broke a tooth on Thursday night and the dentist was closed until Monday so we will see how that goes.

Best Answer