Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the Perfect Weight Loss Lunch

A Whopper, fries and a Coke can be 1500 calories. My BLT shown below is only 250.

P1030877.jpg

What's your perfect weight loss lunch? How many calories in it?

This example above is from my article "Finding The Perfect Weight Loss Lunch."

I'm a formerly obese person and a Licensed Counselor. I'll be a supportive friend here if you need one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
42 REPLIES 42

@DavidSchneier - Your experience improving your entire diet by focusing only on the caloric management is exactly what all my clients experience. It's a bit of a trick. With other approaches, they get overwhelmed with TMI, but my structured protocol walks them through some easy tasks and voila!, within weeks, they are eating more healthfully than health nuts, and enjoying it. Because they are eating what they like, in ways they like, they develop permanent habits rather than a diet they can't wait to quit so they can go back to unhealthy eating. 

I'm a formerly obese person and a Licensed Counselor. I'll be a supportive friend here if you need one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

And I also wanted to share this as well. I've apparently become quite adept at eyeballing portion size and the relative calorie impact of most foods. I went absolutely crazy this past Saturday while attending a wedding but kept an eye on where I was calorie-wise using estimation and when I followed up later at home, I found out that the difference between what I estimated and what I actually consumed was less than 100 calories.Hand Measures.jpg

Best Answer

We actually develop an unconscious measuring and tracking if we intend to hit a certain number, after enough repetitions of doing it consciously with the intent of developing the habit. It's like the people at the deli who can serve up a portion of things within 1/100th by feel or eyeball. Our intention is like a hypnotic suggestion to our mind, either good (keep it at 1000 calories) or bad ("I can't wait to pig out on pizza") 

Best Answer
0 Votes