Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memorial Day Challenge

Welcome to the next Challenge!

This one will start on April 18 and continue to Memorial Day (May 29th) 2017.   That gives us 6 weeks to work toward our next set of goals as we try to lose weight or maintain in a healthy way.

Everyone is welcome to join this terrific group. You can post once weekly or every day - whatever you like - to share your journey, give and get support, offer advice, get some tips.  We have celebrated each other's successes, and empathized with the setbacks.  I personally found, the more I respond to others, the easier it is for me to focus on my own journey in a positive way.  We have seen great progress in previous challenges, because we are in it together and focusing on being healthier and living better lives.

Some of the terms used to report our weight:

USW - ultimate starting weight - the heaviest weight when you began to lose

SW - starting weight for this challenge

CW - current weight for the day you report in

GW - goal weight for this challenge, for Halloween

UGW - ultimate goal weight that you intend to reach eventually

Some people also include their height, their age, their BMI.  

All  you need to do to join, is start posting, usually with some of the weight information.

I'm very excited about continuing with this wonderful group of people and meeting some new folks too.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer
491 REPLIES 491

Might be fun for me to try and have a go at this as well. I have holidays coming up and I kinda dread the weight gain associated with that, though I know it won't be anything dramatic that I cannot get under control.

USW - 60.4 kg (This is not the heaviest I have been, but it is the day I started to use the Aria scales exactly two months ago. I don't have data logged from before that, but I have hit 63 kg a lot in the last two years. I would guestimate my heaviest to be just under 70 kg around 68 kg.)

SW - 59.8 kg

CW - 59.8 kg

GW - 59.5 kg

My goal is to maintain and my biggest challenge when there is no holiday is to not keep dropping down in weight.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

Welcome Esya! 

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

THANK YOU, @Bobbinyc!  I'm in.

28 July 2010 - PW - 280.8  BMI 51.4  (My highest known.)
06 June 2016 - USW (in FitBit) - 216  BMI 39.5

18 April - CSW 156.8  BMI 28.7
24 April - GW 155.1

01 May - GW 153.4

08 May -GW 151.7

13 May -GW 150.0  (Day I leave for Europe)

23 May -GW 149.0  (Day I return to Work & Scales)

29 May - GW 148.0

31 May - GW 147.8

UGW - (but still not a "Healthy" BMI) - now 135

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer

USW  380 (2013)

Fitbit SW 355 (Aug 2016)

PW 321 (Dec 25 2016)

CSW 298.2  (April 18 2017)

GW  285

Ok, here we go! Six weeks X 2lb = 12lb  Let's round it down to 285 goal weight.

*Takes on a serious expression and straightens her back at attention*  Nothing will stop me from working hard, from fighting temptation and getting adequate steps. I will sweat, I will drink my water, I will eat a mountain of veggies. Best of all, I will have fun and enjoy my journey!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

@Bobbinyc  you might want to do a quick edit of that original post you quoted...it's got Halloween thrown in there from that old challenge. *titter*

@Esya Welcome! I can't tell you how valuable this group is for helping a person through the drudgery that can become weight loss. We have celebrations and cheers and pats on backs (for good or bad), and everyone is so supportive that it feels like you are walking into a room of friends when you open up the forum post. I wish I had hot tea that I could pass around virtually. Oh wait, I found some. And it is specially decorated. Enjoy!

lilac tea.jpg

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

47 F, 5'3"

USW - 225 lbs

SW - 221.2 lbs

CW - 218.2 lbs

GW - 206 lbs

UGW - 135 lbs

Best Answer

Okay!  Here we go again!

Hello to all (new and old).

This time I am going to be far stricter on myself.  Ultimate logging and meeting my steps and water each day.  One week at a time....

USW - 154 (12/30/16)

CSW – 135.5 (04/17) 

GW for this challenge - 129

UGW - 125 (summer?)

I am F/45yrs/5'5'' and based in the UK

Best Answer

Yay! New challenge! I'm going to go out on a limb for this one, too, and if I crash and burn, chances are I'll still be closer to my goal, right?

USW: 194 lbs (January 1, 2017)

CSW: 168.2 lbs

CGW: 159.9 lbs (8.3 lbs—1.4 lbs a week)

Seriously, people, I'm DYING to get to the 150s! I've got some hurdles to get over—we currently have neither a working cooktop nor a working fridge (you'll remember I have three kids aged 5-8 to feed), and the twins' birthday party is the weekend after this. I've decided, though, to try to rein in the non-nutritive food. I'm not going low-carb or high-fat or anything like that, just going back to what I was eating in January: fruit, veggies, and lean meats and beans. So, not chocolate coffee shakes and pizza and such, like I've been doing the last few weeks. 🙂

Let's all kick it into gear and enjoy ourselves!

Best Answer

Right - thanks @Bobbinyc for the new challenge. Short and sweet eh? 🙂

Stats are at the mo

USW 191

CSW 177

Memorial Day 169 going for a conservative choice

UGW 154

@_Lilac_ Thanks for the tea - just what I needed right now. 🙂 Love your posts.

Best Answer

Hello Everyone -

I just realized that my wedding is in two months, and I haven't really made any progress towards my weightloss goals (boo, yoyo-ing!).  So this challenge is very timely to help assist with my motivation!

USW - 190

SW - 184

GW - 172

UGW - 150

Goals for this challenge:

- Get back into the gym 4 days a week

- Log food EVERY day

Best Answer

Hi guys! I'm excited for this next challenge. I'm trying to keep realistic goals for this challenge and keep up my steps goal of 70k per week. 

USW - 315

SW - 215.8 

GW - 206 (About 10 lbs in 6 wks)

UGW - 160-170ish

Best Answer

Good afternoon!

Taking some time to add in my current information for the new challenge. Good luck everyone!

USW - 207 lbs/ BMI 35.7 (May 2016)

SW - 152.6 lbs (4/18/17)

GW - 145 lbs

UGW - 120 - 135 lbs 

Height - 5'3"

Age - 25

BMI - 27.3

Other goals I have is to figure out a balance with sleep, work, exercise and leisure (starting training for a second job next week and I haven't been on a good sleep schedule lately). Get my 10k more often than not, as I have been missing those lately as well. Keep up my eating, working in vegetarian and vegan meals for the heck of it and work on eating less and less junk. (House is stocked with Easter candy and boss gave me a large cake for Easter as well, must resist...)

Best Answer

I hear you with this (below).  That is a major problem for me, and one I want to address in this challenge.  I think it was @dancefoxtrot who said it in the last challenge about finding out what each persons pitfalls are and learning how to deal with them.
@klan7044 wrote:

Other goals I have is to figure out a balance with sleep, work, exercise and leisure 

Best Answer

I'm in, but my Charge HR may not be. Charging at the moment. again. I'll give service a call and I don't want a discount on a new one. That's how I ended up with this one when my second flex died. I still have another flex I can use for steps but more interested in sleep and HR.

USW  3/27/17  130

CSW  4/18/17   119

UGW 105-107

Best Answer

Hi All! I hope everyone is ready to kick some butt in this next challenge because I sure am! I am hoping to be much closer to my ultimate goal by the end of this challenge as Memorial Day is the first time this summer I will possibly be in a swimsuit so that's a big part of my motivation.

18 y/o, 5'6", college-student

USW - 161.6

SW - 149.2

GW #1 - 146.6 (5/17, so I can say that in my first year at college I LOST the "Freshman Fifteen")

GW #2 - 145.0

UGW #1 - 140

UGW #2 - 135

I am very excited to be finishing up my school year and currently am feeling rejuvenated, hopefully that can propel me through this challenge. Also, in the next couple weeks I plan on taking some more progress pictures and maybe I'll build up the courage to post them

Best Answer

@BobbinycThanks for starting the new challenge

@_Lilac_- You are ALWAYS SUPER inspiring. I strive to be more disciplined like you!

Well I am okay with how I ended the "Tax Day" challenge. Now I am ready to get this one in gear. I spent the last challenge chasing the number 5 on the scale, so this challenge I am chasing the number 4..lol. Just being able to see it and it not being a yo-yo effect will be just fine with me...lol.

I hope everyone has a blessed day!

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs -  April 25th 2016
Current   -   04/18/2017 - 158.8

04/25/17 -

05/02/17 -

05/09/17 -

05/16/17 -

05/23/17 -

05/29/17 -

Challenge Goal Weight for this challenge - 149.9

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

Hi all,

Thanks for starting this one. I managed to lose 6 lbs as of today.  I think I'll aim for 4.5 more over this 6 weeks to slip into 139 lbs. Very realistic less than 1 lb a week. 

USW  153 

CW 144.2 4/18

GW 139.7

UGW 135 July 4th 2017

Goal is to eat heathy food, mostly veggies in the right portion sizes. 

We can do this together and cheer each other on.

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer

Hi Karolein,

I looked up your Kg and found that 1 kg =2.2 lbs so you are starting at 131.82 lbs. 

Welcome from across the pond. 

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer

@klan7044

Hello and welcome,

Give the candy and cake to the local homeless shelter or food bank.  No sense to keep unhealthy food at home. 

Best,

Barbara G

Best Answer