Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memorial Day Challenge

Welcome to the next Challenge!

This one will start on April 18 and continue to Memorial Day (May 29th) 2017.   That gives us 6 weeks to work toward our next set of goals as we try to lose weight or maintain in a healthy way.

Everyone is welcome to join this terrific group. You can post once weekly or every day - whatever you like - to share your journey, give and get support, offer advice, get some tips.  We have celebrated each other's successes, and empathized with the setbacks.  I personally found, the more I respond to others, the easier it is for me to focus on my own journey in a positive way.  We have seen great progress in previous challenges, because we are in it together and focusing on being healthier and living better lives.

Some of the terms used to report our weight:

USW - ultimate starting weight - the heaviest weight when you began to lose

SW - starting weight for this challenge

CW - current weight for the day you report in

GW - goal weight for this challenge, for Halloween

UGW - ultimate goal weight that you intend to reach eventually

Some people also include their height, their age, their BMI.  

All  you need to do to join, is start posting, usually with some of the weight information.

I'm very excited about continuing with this wonderful group of people and meeting some new folks too.

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer
491 REPLIES 491

@dancefoxtrot  July 4th sounds good! Hoping that this next one goes better.

I'm giving up all but 2 goodies, and I don't eat many of those. If that doesn't work I'll be out of ideas. I'm doing 30 minutes of cardio type exercise most days with some strength training and stretching a few days too. My feet have been hurting a lot so I can't do more step/cardio right now.

Here's my final post for this challenge:

USW - 207.5

PW - 196.0 

PW - 197.5

PW - 195.9

PW - 194.7 (5/13/17)

PW - 195.3

PW - 196.3

CW - 196.2 (5/29/17)  up .2 from where I started! So frustrating

GW - 193.0

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  I'm so sorry to hear about your granddaughter. I can't imagine what that is like. Hoping that she gets stronger soon, and praying for strength for all of you.

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

I'll find out tomorrow from the Dr. when I'll be able to walk again other than just around the house and the yard area of the complex. I miss my morning 5-6 miles in the  woods with Nora. We are tired of ice packs and toe pulls and resting the foot. The other exercise is great but being out on the trails is the best so Nora can see other dogs and hunt for things, jump in the river and splash in the mud and be a dog. Praying we've worked on the foot enough that we'll get the go ahead to at least do 3 miles to start off and then work up to see if it gets worse because it is a little better now, meaning I don't scream when I get out of bed in the morning, I just whimper as I hop to the kitchen. Weight has stayed the same around 127-130 so we need to get out and run it off because weights and yoga and Jungle gym XT straps are all good but get a little boring. Read the post and it sounds like everyone did a good job getting close to their GW. Thats awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dancefoxtrot

Yes for the July 4 for next challenge.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, disappointed in myself with this challenge, but I understand why what happened happened, and I lost weight, so... any loss is good loss, right?

USW: 194 lbs (January 1, 2017)

CSW: 168.2 lbs

PW (4/25): 167.8 lbs. (-0.4)

PW (5/2): 167.4 lbs. (-0.4)

PW (5/9): 164.4 (-3.0)

PW (5/16): 166.2 (+1.8)

CW (5/30): 165.3 (-0.9)

CGW: 159.9 lbs (Missed it by a ton. 😞

I am beginning a nutrition cycle for Hashimoto's (thyroid disfunction) tomorrow, so I'm hoping that, if nothing else, the restrictive nature of the diet will help me kickstart this again. I'll be 46 in 15 days. I'd really like to start that year 30 lbs lighter than I started it.

Best Answer

I'm in for the 4th of July Challenge.  Did not do good on Memorial Challenge.  To many things going on at work and daughter moving.  Now I can focus on me since things have slowed down. 

Everyone have a great week.

"I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be". Joyce Meyer.

Best Answer

Final update:

CSW: 95.9 kg
W1: 93.9

W2: 93.9

W3: 94.1

W4: 95.1

W5: 92.7

End: 92.3

CGWRange: 91.8 - 89.9 kg

Not happy with this. At all. I find a little comfort that I had a one day visit to the very top of my goal weight range, but alas.

Looking back I did a lot of things right. Of course I slipped here and there but I wouldn't expect anything else. Pain has been the most prominent thing last week so it was very slow for me.

Need to go over my calories in/out for this challenge and the weeks before to see if I can figure out if my Fitbit is overestimating or if I'm just really bad at counting. More data is always nice.

On to the next challenge!

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone know if dancefoxtrot started the next challenge?  I don't see it, but I could be missing it.  If I don't hear back soon, I'll start it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've definitely not made a good showing in this challenge.  I'm only down 2 lbs. so I have some work to do going forward. I haven't been tracking my food, I haven't been exercising regularly, and I haven't been making good food choices.  Something needs to change...I need to change!  I hope there is going to be another challenge so I can try again.

Nicole- 39 F 5'9"  Wisconsin

USW -  227

04/24/2017   SW -    225

5/03/2017     CW -    224.6

05/08/217     CW

05/15/2017   CW

05/22/2017   CW -   225

05/29/2017   CW -   225.4 😞

05/29/2017   GW-    210

UGW-  160

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bobbinyc  I haven't seen anything either and I've been checking. I'd love it if you could start us off.

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
0 Votes

To all our wonderful challengers,

The next challenge is started.  It is July 4, 2017 Challenge and is just opened.

See you all there!

Wishing everyone here the best in the next few weeks,

Bobbi

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I didn't even want to post this but better to post this here and leave it forever (haha) than post it in the new challenge....

My final weigh in...

USW - 154 (12/30/16)

CSW for this challenge – 135.5 (04/18)

PW – 135.5 (04/25)  

PW - 135.5 (05/02)

PW - 135.0 (05/09)

PW - 136.9 (05/16)

PW - 138.4 (05/23)

CW (end for this challenge) - 138.4 (05/30)

GW for this was challenge - 129

So I ended up gaining nearly three pounds during this challenge and I don't know why.  I met all my goals each day and whilst I had some treats here and there and a couple of cheat days, if I am honest, I didn't really go overboard.  I guess it's so true what they say....it's so very hard to lose and so very, very easy to gain back.  Which makes no sense ;( 

ANYWAY - see you all in the new challenge.  I am determined to get into the 120s (even if it is with a nine at the end...)

Best Answer
0 Votes