Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app does not record weight correctly

Using the fitbit app I go to the page and enter my weight  ... 12stone 11 lbs.. i save it .. I go back to the nmain screen and what do I see ?? my weight is sudenly now 12st 10.9 lbs .. and it doesn't matter what figure i enter .. the lbs figure is always reduced by 0.1 between the weight page and the home page.

May I suggest your programmers find and fix the coding error that can't transfer a simple figure from one page to another without changing it ?

Lets stop adding unwanted rubbish to the app , and make the basics work first ??

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

FYI - like many apps (though some may not exhibit the error) - they translate all weights to metric for use in many formula's that are used with your info that always use metric figures.

Then a setting says what to translate the metric figures back in to for display to the pesky humans with their different measurement systems.

Your current weight is hitting a rounding error.

How long you plan on being that weight?

I mean, in the scheme of things.

12 st = 76.20352 kg

11 lb = 4.989516 kg

kg added = 81.193036 = 12.78569 stone = 12 st and 0.78569 x 14 = 10.99966 lbs

Or in this case non-rounding error.

I wonder if they are storing that many significant digits after conversion, so:

76.2 + 4.99 = 81.2 kg = 12.8 stone = 12 st and 0.8 x 14 = 11.2 lbs

Wow, they must be storing most those digits for accuracy, but truncating on display instead of rounding.

I'll bet a water fluctuation over the stress of it increases your weight and the error will go away!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Entwood that actually does happen. It happens between the fitbit scale and what shows up on the dash. It is always 0.1 less on the app. Honestly, I would be more upset if it rounded up and does 0.1 really matter? I understand that it should be accurate, but if you get on the scale, get off and get back on in a minute or so, your weight will be different by that amount or slightly more in either direction as well. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's a good point too.

My scale in the specs says accurate to 0.5 lbs.

But readings are given in 0.2 lb increments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes