Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food plan?

ANSWERED

Is there a specific food plan anyone is following?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi-

Basically heres my plan. I'm 22/f/5'7" , 133 lbs (I don't care who knows my weight haha)

Cut the processed food 

No carbs after 4 pm, no food at all after 7pm

If you are going to eat a sugar, eat a protein with it. For example, if you are going to have a fruit (yes that counts as sugar) have nuts with it, or a cheese. The sugar in your fruit will turn into carbs, which will turn into fat. Have a protein with it. 

If something you are going to eat has sugar in it (for example, a yogurt), it must be less than 3 grams. If its more than that, put it back.

I am praising chia seeds from the rooftops, I put them in everything! They have no flavor and are hardly noticable in meals. When they hit liquid, they form a protein packed gel that fills you up. I mix them in oatmeal, salads, scrambled eggs, protein shakes, they're awesome.

If YOU don't know what it is on the ingredients list, neither does your body. 

I switched my bread to Ezeikel bread, it has to stay refrigerated. Honestly, I like it better than regular bread. I also switched my peanut butter from Jif to Teddy's all natural. It has 2 ingredients- peanuts and salt!

Drink your water, it flushes out your sodium and you'll actually lose a lot of water weight.

Also, check out QUEST protein bars. They are super good for you, and taste really good too! Stick them in your microwave for about 15 seconds, they get nice and gooey 🙂 Totally guilt free dessert.

Thats all I got for now, good luck!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi-

Basically heres my plan. I'm 22/f/5'7" , 133 lbs (I don't care who knows my weight haha)

Cut the processed food 

No carbs after 4 pm, no food at all after 7pm

If you are going to eat a sugar, eat a protein with it. For example, if you are going to have a fruit (yes that counts as sugar) have nuts with it, or a cheese. The sugar in your fruit will turn into carbs, which will turn into fat. Have a protein with it. 

If something you are going to eat has sugar in it (for example, a yogurt), it must be less than 3 grams. If its more than that, put it back.

I am praising chia seeds from the rooftops, I put them in everything! They have no flavor and are hardly noticable in meals. When they hit liquid, they form a protein packed gel that fills you up. I mix them in oatmeal, salads, scrambled eggs, protein shakes, they're awesome.

If YOU don't know what it is on the ingredients list, neither does your body. 

I switched my bread to Ezeikel bread, it has to stay refrigerated. Honestly, I like it better than regular bread. I also switched my peanut butter from Jif to Teddy's all natural. It has 2 ingredients- peanuts and salt!

Drink your water, it flushes out your sodium and you'll actually lose a lot of water weight.

Also, check out QUEST protein bars. They are super good for you, and taste really good too! Stick them in your microwave for about 15 seconds, they get nice and gooey 🙂 Totally guilt free dessert.

Thats all I got for now, good luck!

Best Answer

Thanks! I'm still learning the site and didn't know anyone relied to me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kmheidemann

Fantastic Post
I agree with you completely and specially as someone who is both a doctor and an active fitbitter.
Keep it up.
Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer
0 Votes

This was great, and very useful information.  I am a very healthy eater but never knew that I should be pairing fruit with protein.  Thank you for the information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank goodness, I have been looking for an effective meal plan or at least an outline for one for a while now. Very helpful

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on a weight loss diet setup by a dietition based on limiting myself to 60 grams for Breakfast and again for Dinner. As I don't normally have lunch I have an afternoon snack and an after dinner snack of 30 grams each. I try to mix all three Protein, Carbs and Fat, but mostly Protein and Carbs. Since on this plan I'm averaging 6 pound weight loss a week. I try to get in a good walk of 2-3 miles a few days a week and plan to get some workouts at a gym as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes