Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food scale

Is there a food scale that works with Fitbit? Maybe a third party brand...

if not, can somens recommend a food scale they've used....

Sometimes there's justice n sometimes it's just us..
Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

No there is not.

Any Food scale is good you just need the Tare feature so you can weigh in OZ and Lbs

Bed Bath and Beyond has some good food scales

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB wrote:

Any Food scale is good you just need the Tare feature so you can weigh in OZ and Lbs

Don’t you usually weigh your food in grams for nutrition, even in countries with weird units like the US? Smiley LOL

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@DominiqueYes I forgot that. But I mostly use OZ

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are lots of decent food scales out there. I had one for a long time that did the job. When it died, I replaced it with a Jennings CJ4000 model. It costs somewhere around $25US. I ending up liking this scale much more than my old one because it counts down as well as up. So I can put a jar of peanutbutter on the scale and turn it on or zero(tare) it. When I take peanutbutter out of the jar it will give me a negative weight. Whatever weight was taken from the jar is what I log. I like this ability a lot. 

It is silly I guess. I was happy with the original scale and it weighed stuff just fine, but I would be annoyed if I didn't have that count down feature anymore. So I would look for one that could do that if possible.

Best Answer

@WendyB wrote:

No there is not.

Bed Bath and Beyond has some good food scales

Thanks

Sometimes there's justice n sometimes it's just us..
Best Answer
0 Votes

@HZlauerThat is a cool feature. Didnt know  any scale did that!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB wrote:

@HZlauerThat is a cool feature. Didnt know  any scale did that!

I know. For me it was a great discovery. Those times when you need a couple of tablespoons of oil in a pan. I never measure that out. I splash some oil in a pan. I can put the bottle on the scale, tare it, use the oil and put it back on the scale. I know exactly what i used without having to calculate anything out. Or when I'm making meatballs and I think it is too wet and needs more breadcrumbs, I can throw in more breadcrumbs until it is the consistancy I want and I still know how much I used. A simple feature I use as often as I use the scale traditionally. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a cheap one from Best Buy. I don't think it was 20 bucks. And I actually thought every scale did the negative thing. If I put my plate on before I turn on the scale so it is 0 once I turn it off, if I remove it- it shows the negative...

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smart Chef Food Scale syncs with Fibit

http://smartchef.me/2017/04/25/smart-chef-syncs-with-fitbit/

Best Answer

I too am looking for a bluetooth compatible nutrition scale.  There are bluetooth scales on the market and would love FitBit to incorporate bluetooth weight and nutrition results to their platform for all fitbit users.  I plan to post this on FitBit Wish List. If I get more info later I will post again.  Too much time logging food bluetooth scales and compatibility would be AWESOME!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an EatSmart scale.  Love it ... it has nearly 1000 programmed foods and gives you all kinds ot nutritional facts.  Would love to plug into fitbit ... that is why I am looking for bluetooth scale compatible ... if not now for the future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

I purchased this and thought it would work well and even travel well but when I try to save a recipe it’s no where to be found. I tried to ask in the app chat and no one ever answers. Do you have any idea how to save recipes? 
Thanks!

Best Answer