Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny story...

When I met my, now, husband, in 2004, I was a member of Curves, weighing 150 lbs at 5'8" and trying to lose 25 lbs. Somebody should have slapped me!

Two years ago (2017), my son gave me a Fitbit for Christmas. I logged in, got all set-up, at then 187 lbs; still wanting to lose the same 25 lbs.

Here we are, two years later (2019), topped out at 206 lbs. I decided it was now or never. Either **** or get off the pot, as they say! Seriously, though, it was either do something, or stop complaining about it. Since the first of this year, I've lost 11 lbs, I feel good, have less inflammation, am exercising, am making good food choices and when I don't, I'm making sure its really worth it!

I notice that when I focus on feeling good and fueling my body, I am much more successful. Its not entirely about the number on the scale.

I just want to encourage everybody to go easy on yourself. Start over every hour and every day if you have to. Just keep going!

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello and welcome to the forums @DebbieDahlia 

I love a good story and can't wait to hear the rest of your journey. You have a fantastic attitude and it's great that your son bought you the Fitbit. Anyone else in the family using one?

Hope to see you around the forums!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DebbieDahlia .. amazing how our outlook changes with age, right? Good luck to you in your adventure.. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer