Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GNC Total Lean Protein Shakes

Does anyone use the GNC Total Lean Shakes? How do you incorporate it into your diet? What does you daily food log look like? 

I am trying to figure out how to incorporate it because right now I can't seem to skip a meal and just drink the shake.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I remember having some of those a couple years ago and they were acting as appetite suppressors and caused some liver problems after a while.

Personally, I do not recommend any type of meal replacement shakes. A balanced diet with variety will help you reach any weight loss goal without taking an impact on your nutritional targets.

My 2 cents. Let's see what the rest of our fellow fitbitters say Cat Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most day do not use them as meal replacements

I frequently do

I'll have a 60g whey shake (45g protein) around 11, 12:30 and 2, and then "proper" food for tea, or as close to proper as I get.

Onions (lots), garlic (lots), pasta (150g) and cheese (50g),balsamic vinegar and stuff to taste

Home made burgers, (5% fat mine beef, onions, egg), crinkle cut chips (300g), thick sliced onions and cheese (50g)

Omlety thing, Onions & Garlic fried in butter, 6 to 8 eggs (I have chickens at home) two minutes on the hob full whack, 2 minutes under the grill.

Charge HR 2
208lbs 01/01/18 - 197.8lbs 24/01/18 - 140lbs 31/12/18
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was going to use them to get more protein in my diet since I'm vegetarian, but the list of ingredients is truly horrifying. You would be better off health wise having a real meal of lean protein, egg whites, of tofu, with lots of greens and vegetables. If you make them up before your work week starts all you'll need to do s grab one from the fridge, just like a shake. If I have to shake, I use Vega One. The taste is no worse than the GNC shakes but it's full of plant protein and greens. After watching a bunch of food/health documentaries on Netflix I'm gong back to whole foods and off the processed junk like these shakes. I started juicing my greens à la "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and that is truly a meal in a glass! Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes