Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being pregnant

ANSWERED

I'v been using fitbit for awhile, and iv always tracked my weight. Now that I'm pregnant iv gain weight and still keep track. It's getting harder for me because it keeps putting me in the red meaning unhealthy. I know i'm not unhealthy but its still discouraging. Does anyone else have this issue?? I feel like fitbit needs to turn off the green,yellow,red feature for people who are pregnant. For me it makes me feel horrible about myself and I shouldn't feel bad for gaining. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Family @MissJessy and congratulations on your pregnancy! Smiley Very Happy

You can update your pregnancy status on your Profile page here: https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit and select the trimester you're in.

Please note that the first trimester is not on the system since there's not a caloric change on the first 3 months of pregnancy.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions Cat Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Family @MissJessy and congratulations on your pregnancy! Smiley Very Happy

You can update your pregnancy status on your Profile page here: https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit and select the trimester you're in.

Please note that the first trimester is not on the system since there's not a caloric change on the first 3 months of pregnancy.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions Cat Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would also add that a book like "What to Expect When You're Expecting" has detailed chapters on weight gain during pregnancy and getting the right nutrition. It also covers eating postpartum. One helpful hint in my experience is if you plan on nursing exclusively with no supplements the baby weight just melts right off. But even then you need good eating habits to make great milk. Best wishes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HelenaFitbitI have updated that I'm in my second trimester, but that doesn't keep stop my weight from going into the red. For me and other moms that i have talked to, its just discouraging. We all understand that we need to gain some weight for our child but when we go to track and it tells us that we are unhealthy it becomes hard to use whatever app we've decided to use. I feel like there should be an way to take of the weights green, yellow, and red until we've had our child. 

Best Answer