Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encouragement and Motivation

ANSWERED

Hi!

I would like to form a small group of people that are serious in starting their weight loss. My goal is to lose 80lbs. Serious, motivated people with similar goals please feel free to contact me. I would like to encourage and motivate each other along our journey especially during the tough cross road moments.

I look forward in hearing from you soon 

Best Answer
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hi!  Can I join your group.  I have been using FitBit One for a little over a month now and it is very motivating.  Could use more motivation and encouragement.  Thank you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please add me I can use all the help I can get. I just got my fitbit three days ago as a gift to myself for my birthday to help motivate me to lose 80lbs. I have a long hard journey ahead of me and would welcome the inspiration and commaradary. Thank you kindly.

Best Answer

I have been using this for a while.  Had surgery in November and ready to lose what I gained plus some, 60 lbs would be nice.  Friend me only if you want someone that will watch and push when your not reaching your goals.  If you sit on your couch instead of going for a walk, I'll call you on it and expect you to do the same for me.  I average around 16k a day. Life is an adventure, live it!

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hello,

I'm new to fitbit and seen that you were looking to add friends for motivation. I'm also looking to add new friends to challenge and keep me motivated especially on the weekends.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I have been using fitbit for roughly one month has been very serious about my excercise and wish for some extra motivation😁. I'd love to lose about 65 lbs. It'll b lovely to share and have support for this long journey.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning.  I too am new to the fitbit community.  I have a hard time focusing on weekend weight lose and staying active.  I keep telling myself I need to get up and get outside either walking or doing some gardening.  I find instead of sitting, doing crafts, to at least get some heavy duty housecleaning done.  This is turning out to be a visual achievement along with keeping up and busy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi -- i am new to fitbit (2wks) and renew to working out.  I need to lose 70lbs and desperately need motivation and a few friends.  I say few because too many I can't keep in touch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can add me. The more friends I have on my fitbit to challenge me and to challenge the better it is!

I'm doing my best to keep motivated. I also have a goal and I need to make sure I get there. I don't want to fall flat on my face from embarrassment. 

🙂

Best Answer
not sure if I have added you or not -- my messages go to email and then i have to log onto safari to get to email, but my fitbit stuff is on firefox -- i don't have a smart phone so i only get on the computer mostly in the am, but thanks for the offer
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to join the forum, I have sent out a few friend request already :). This is just what I need.  Having this fitbit is very exciting and encouraging in itself, but we recently had a snow storm and I was shut in for a few days and all I did was eat and snack. I am motivated again, and wanting to finish this week out strong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!  Can I join your group.  I have been using FitBit One for a little over a month now and it is very motivating.  Could use more motivation and encouragement.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sure you can I will add you 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Please friend me and then we cn send messages back and forth through our fitbit page -- I have in snow country, so most of winter I am inside, so trying to get steps period is a chore.

Joanie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please add me I can use all the help I can get. I just got my fitbit three days ago as a gift to myself for my birthday to help motivate me to lose 80lbs. I have a long hard journey ahead of me and would welcome the inspiration and commaradary. Thank you kindly.

Best Answer

I have been using this for a while.  Had surgery in November and ready to lose what I gained plus some, 60 lbs would be nice.  Friend me only if you want someone that will watch and push when your not reaching your goals.  If you sit on your couch instead of going for a walk, I'll call you on it and expect you to do the same for me.  I average around 16k a day. Life is an adventure, live it!

Best Answer
mike -- let me say i kind of suck as being a cheerleader/motivator, but if you want to friend me (so you are easy to access on my fitbit page) i will do my best to also motivate -- i don't walk a lot -- difficult to do so b/c of the weather where we live -- no gyms closer than over an hour drive -- so steps are really hard for me but i am lifting again 7 weeks now -- so
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not looking for a cheerleader, I do that myself.  But I enjoy having others a part of my group.  Happy to see how others are doing and hope I might have a bit of a positive influence on you adventure.  So put on your fitbit and hit the gym.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can add me if you need encouragement. I am having to lose 64 lbs. as of today. Have lost 20 lbs. up to today.

Best Answer

Can you include in your forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm waiting on my new flex to arrive in the mail! I cannot wait! Could you also add me to your group? I would love the extra motivation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll take some encouraging swift kicks to the butt!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll be an encouraging cheerleader! How many peeps do have in here already? Got room?

Best Answer
0 Votes