Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gastritis pain/ ulcer pain and eating when not hungry?

Hi guys, I have had ulcers and gastritis on and off for over a decade now (more like 11 years). I find myself often eating when not hungry to get rid of the pain. I have been on proton pump inhibitors, tried bismuth, zinc-carnosine, CTM, high doses of probiotics and now Siberian Pine Oil. Some of these help, but I still get flare ups.

Generally I have to eat a lot of soft, mushy food to get the pain to go away. Has anyone ever tried to get fitter with chronic gastritis? I am no longer infected with h pylori but still have very bad days where my stomach swells/ I vomit/ lots of pain. I'd rather not eat all the time out of pain (I tend to think someone should eat out of hunger, not pain).

My doctors don't really know what to do. They say I shouldn't be in pain any longer, since the infection is gone, and they tell me to ''keep doing what I'm doing'' (which isn't helping that much).

Anyone dealt with refractory ulcers/ gastritis? How do you deal without eating a ton of food to stop the pain? (If I don't eat a little bit all the time, it feels like the lining of my stomach is erroding. I'm rarely hungry though...usually very nauseated).

Any suggestions of things to try would be great. It's also harder to want to walk around or do anything active on pain days because you feel sick/ want to curl up in a ball and not move.

“The game is afoot.” ― Sherlock Holmes, Adventure of the Abbey Grange
Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

I suspect any health food store or anyone that sells supplements.  However, you could just as easily make your own:

https://wellnessmama.com/5888/how-to-make-bone-broth/

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might not want to roast the bones in an oven in your kitchen. I have never done it, but my mom is quite the skilled chef and she told us it smells and the smell lasts (think washing your curtains). So be warned and do it in a shed/barn or outside if the weather alows.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting point, my mother used to make stock a lot and always roasted the bones.  I don't remember it leaving an odd smell.  I tend to use saved bones now for stock so I never roast them first - just chuck them in the pot and start working on it.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an old thread  but curious if you ever tried acupuncture for this and if it helped?  I'm looking for anything to try!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jillie, acupuncture did not help mine, although I must say that since I last posted in this thread I also received a diagnosis of Crohn's Disease, so this may reflect that additional complication. Also, in the case of acupuncture, experiences and reactions can vary widely - I'd say give it a try, since there aren't side effects and some people do experience relief this way.

Best Answer
0 Votes