Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting back on track!

Back in February, I was doing great, I went from 280lbs to 238lbs. I was in the gym 4-5 days a week, eating healthy (weighing and measuring everything), drinking water. Then on February 13th I was leaving the gym that morning to come home and shower and slipped and fell, I broke and dislocated my ankle. I had a great Valentine's Day, I spent it at Newton Wesley Hospital having open fixation surgery. I was 100% non weight bearing for 2 1/2 half months, I could barely doing anything for myself, including food. Everything went to **ahem**. Then I was back to work and in PT and working on getting back to where I was and getting off the 15lbs I've put on. Oh wait, then covid hit and everything got shut down, here we go again. Nothing but sitting around and day drinking as I could still barely walk.

Well about 3 1/2 weeks ago, the brace came off (except for workouts) and I was released into the world with zero restrictions! I went out and bought a bicycle, I was walking again and I started weighing and measuring everything again. Between my injury and Covid, I shot back up to 276lbs. My Disney trip for this October was cancelled and we decided to post pone till 2021. Okay, so goal time! I have a little more than a year and my long term goal is 100lbs off. I've been at this again for 3 weeks and already down 15lbs. I am getting between 1100-1200 calories a day, I drink between 91.3-108.2 ounces of water and I'm getting anywhere from 45-60 active minutes a day. Is my goal rational or just a pipe dream?!

Thanks for listening

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Love your spirit and attitude, @BLaw82 ! You can do this! Patience and perseverance ... that’s how you ride this road to success. Please keep coming back here to let us know. I’ll be cheering for you. 

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your experience and weight loss journey @BLaw82! And welcome to the Community forums. 

It's definitely important to know how to deal with setbacks and the unexpected, I had a similar experience recently (medical) and I know that it's very difficult to get back on track and get used to these new scenarios in our lives. 

If you're also interested on Challenges, you can find many new friends to add here

Keep up the great attitude and motivation! 😀

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes