Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP with losing weight

Hey, I’m newer to Fitbit and the community.

I really want to lose some weight. I’ve always been able to lose it quick and it was harder to gain back but now it seems very hard for me to lose weight 

•My current weight is 103 pounds/44%

• Goal is to lose 8-12 pounds losing 1 pound/week

•my height is 5 foot 2 inch/ 157cm 

•My age 16

•Fitbit has daily goal of 680 calories I’m normally it 

•I drink lots of water per day, don’t eat much junk food,  I don’t drink coffee or pop 

• I do moderate exercise every day 

•LBM=82, BMR=1179,BFat=20-22%,Fat mass=21%,BMI=18,TDEE=1876

What tips,tricks,advice or anything do u guys have for me? 

How many calories should I burn to lose weight?

thank u!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Based on your numbers, and given your age, I’d say you don’t need to lose weight.  I would rather focus on living an active lifestyle and eating a healthy diet, without worrying too much about the number on the scale.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Welcome @Baebay1231 !

This is probably not what you want to hear, but you are already at the lower end of the normal BMI range and if you do lose 10-12 pounds you would be underweight.  Also, given your age, it is hard to establish a baseline of what you should weigh because you may still have some growing to do.  So losing more weight doesn't seem like a good idea.  And 608 calories/day (if I am reading your post correctly) is too low by at least half, probably more.  Eating at that level for any period of time will likely lead to nutritional deficiencies, cause you to feel lethargic and possibly depressed, and is just a bad idea.  You probably should talk with your doctor about how much you should be eating to maintain your long term health.  

I am guessing that you post is prompted in part by wanting to look, be, and feel fitter.  To that end, I would suggest weight training or other non-aerobic exercise, in addition to whatever you do aerobically, and just getting outside and moving around every day.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Hey its great you are trying to lose weight, I have been trying too for very very long time.

Its important to always apply these 3 rules no matter what you are doing : 1. Eat less sugar and starch

2: Eat more protein, healthy fat and vegetables, 3: Do sports three times a week

Moderator edit:  word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Helen is good to lose weight just try your best by disciplining your self to exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes