Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halloween to Winter Holidays Challenge

Hello everyone and welcome to the Halloween to Winter Holidays Challenge!! We'll tally up Dec 31 and start the New Year running! (or walking, or swimming, or biking, etc). There are many people who kinda disappear during holidays so I want to cover as much ground as we can while we can and be here over the next 8 weeks for these trying times!! 

We can post (daily/weekly) about our weight and non-scale successes, share helpful tips, support each other and talk about our ups and downs.  The following abbreviations can be helpful to use:

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight for the challenge

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join, please simply post and you are in! Have a great time, let's get this going!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
132 REPLIES 132

USW - 380 (sometime around 2012)

FSW (fitbit start weight August 2016) - 355

SW - 286

CW - 286

PW - 290 (Oct 22)

GW - 275

UGW- anything under 200

Alright, my plateau has probably been broken so I can't WAIT for this challenge to bring on new successes and joy for me. Let's MOVE everyone. Don't forget your water, your self-care and making sure to laugh every day!!

Best Answer

Jazzy JazzManJazzy JazzMan

@_Lilac_  Thank you Lilac for setting this up.  You're awesome. 

I'm in although my weight has been going up instead of down. My blood sugar just drops for no reason at times.   Doctor appointment scheduled for next week for thyroid and glucose blood test.  Didn't post on last challenge as so many things came up including a 4 and a half month old kitten that I got two months ago.  He is a handful and just loves to jump right onto my 12 year kitty and chase her.  She is not happy. Then found out we need to move to a new apartment cause they want ours to remodel.  10 years of stuff to go through. Moving day starts Nov 15th. And weight gain.  No matter how I watched what I ate or how much I walked it wasn't going down. Kept going up.  So I'm betting it is one of the two tests I'm having as it runs in my family.  And if not then I'm at a loss and not sure if I want to know what is doing it.  But, gotta do something, feel horrible and tired all the time.  Below is my stats.

USW - 173

SW - 172

CW - 172

PW - 169

GW - 160

UGW - 145

I gotta get very serious about this.  Even if things are going on in life.  Still gotta stay healthy.

Above is a pic of my new kitty.  I decided not to go with a black cat again.  Would of reminded me to much of Gizmo.  Still miss him and this little guy has some big paws to fill but he is definitely working hard at it.  Growled and hissed at my ex-husband this weekend and was very protective. Stayed between the two of us.  We've been divorced 20 years.  But kitty didn't like him (LOL).

Keep up the great work everyone. You all are working hard and deserve a big "WAY TO GO" no matter how much you lost and if you didn't lose you still worked hard to exercise, watched what you ate and all the things you needed to do to stay healthy and on top of it.

Everyone have a great day!!

Best Answer

Thanks for the new challenge... I am sure hoping to get back to normal and back to losing. I still haven't done any exercise so I really need to work on my steps and exercise. Woman Frustrated But it is a new day and a new challenge ... Lets see where it takes us!

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs -  April 25th 2016
04/25/17 -  156.8 - My lowest in many many years

10/31/17 - CW - 159.4

Goal Weight for this Challenge is 149.?

Ultimate Goal Weight: 125.0

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

Well it is hump day again... so heading toward Friday is getting closer..lol. I am always excited about Friday. Today is a rainy dreary day. I don't care as much for the rain when I have to drive in it.. I have a meeting I have to attend today and it is an apx 2 1/2 hour drive, so I am not looking forward to that in the rain.. But the old saying... we got to do, what we got to do...

My son in law cooked supper for us last night and I ate some tenderloin and green beans and with in 20 minutes, I was sick again.. I don't mind the not being able to eat much, but I sure hate the sick feeling...

Well I guess I better get busy before time to leave for the meeting.. I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

Best Answer

@HeartBiller  I'm right there with you.  My walking has slowed down and no exercising. 
Although you would think with all the bending, stooping, lifting, crawling on the floor and anything else you have to do when your packing to move and cleaning things out, would be exercise.  Just makes those muscles you hardly use when you have a sit down job soar.  Next two weeks of serious packing so more lifting.  Guess it will work out somehow.

Have a wonderful day Cat Happy

Best Answer

I just don't want to gain weight during the holidays this year so this challenge is just what I needed. 

usw  230

sw    202

cw    202

pw    198

gw    192

ugw  175

Best Answer

@camape I think everyone is going to be wishing not to gain over all these holidays coming up. My thoughts of strength (and luck) go out to you!

Best Answer

After being gone for a while I'm back! You all are such good motivators and I need it! I ended up not gaining too much weight with my pregnancy (19lbs) and then I lost that almost immediately. I was at my pre-pregnancy weight less than 2 weeks after I gave birth. Then, I steadily lost 15 more pounds from breastfeeding alone! That weight loss has plateaued so I need to get back into exercising and eating better!

USW: 185lbs - April 2015

SW: 183.8lbs - Jan 29, 2017 - 2lbs more than my pre-pregnancy weight 1 week after giving birth

CW:164.3lbs

GW: 155lbs

UGW: 125-130lbs

Best Answer

Alright. I had 14,000 steps yesterday and went to bed early, quite exhausted. Surprisingly, my plantar fasciitis isn't too bad today at all. I'm not going to go crazy and do a whole lot today, just in case. I'm hungry even though I've eaten my standard breakfast. I must control this until it goes away. It is probably a combination of 'time of the month' and the metabolism shift of the plateau breaking and all the activity I had yesterday.

I must report one success. I didn't have any Halloween candy. My daughter bought a big box of mini candy bars and I haven't touched it at all. Yay. Last year she'd given me one and I put it in a decorative box on my chair-side table. It's still there. I guess it's a token. 

Everyone eat well today, have fun, drink your water. And...have a great day.

Best Answer

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

4thCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Fourth Challenge Starting Weight

LSW - 209.0 (9/04/17) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW- 206.4 (10/31/17)

LW- 206.4

CW- 206.4

GW- 200.0 (January1st)

UGW- 150

Officially aiming for 200 but am going to really try for 198 - really, really want to get to Onederland.

Thanks for stepping up again and starting the new challenge @_Lilac_!

Welcome and welcome back to all!

Best Answer

USW - 234

SW - 169.4

CW - 171.8

PW - 170.8

GW - 161

UGW- 155

As of yesterday, the 31st I was at 169.4, so I am using that as a starting weight.  I need a kick in the butt to  see a 168 on this scale so I'm hoping to be motivated by all of your successes.  Good luck all!

Best Answer

OK, let's just keep trying aye... 

USW - 198.6

SW - 162.5

CW - 

GW - 155

UGW- 142

Best Answer

Well, I tried (for a while) to complete the previous Labor Day to Halloween challenge and didn't do well the last few weeks (actually gained)...ugh 😞    So, like others, this is what I need as my weight has gotten out of control and I've noticed as the weather has gotten cooler, my walking has cooled down as well.  So I'm ready to try again and ready to bundle up and hit the pavement walking!  Thanks for creating these challenges.

USW - Ultimate start weight - (Previous challenge was 204)

SW - starting weight for the challenge (203)

CW - current weight  (203)

PW - previous week's weight 

GW - goal weight for the challenge (197)

UGW- ultimate goal weight (160)

Best Answer

This will be fun I'm in.

USW- 340

SW- 225

CW- 225

GW- 218

UGW- 140

I am out of shape, so I want to add a non scale goal- to do 1 hour of walking. 

Best Answer

Well I am still not feeling the best.. I am hoping this stomach issue passes soon.. but with that said, I sure am not overeating, however I am not walking any either. I feel like crap all day and then am wore out by the time I get home. SO I need to change something up and see if I can't get back to some kind of normal.

I went to the meeting yesterday and survived it, but was also very happy to be back home. I did stop at

chik-fil-a and get some grilled chicken nuggets and they did not make me too sick. So the drive wasn't too awful. This morning as been a little worse than the last few days, so I may have to go get checked out. I am just stubborn and trying my best to wait it out...

Today is one day closer to Friday... I can't wait for 3pm on Friday.. then it is officially the weekend for me...lol and I sure am ready for it..

I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

Best Answer

Thanks, I am in!  what a fun idea!

Best Answer

@HeartBiller  I hope you are feeling better soon. There's nothing like feeling icky to throw you off your game. 

I need to get my butt moving today. I slept in too long and it's chilly, so I settled into a chair and have been watching tv. I'll take the dogs for a walk but I need to do something else too. I could go to water aerobics this evening to balance things out and not put too much strain on my bad foot. 

I've run out of fruit and fresh greens. EEK. Grocery shopping tomorrow morning. 

Alright, gotta get my day going...

Best Answer

Thanks @_Lilac_ for the new challenge, I found the previous one motivating! I’m again reporting body fat %, not weight, and I’m using TrendWeight numbers:

USBF 2013 and before: no idea (didn’t have any device to estimate it), but probably around 25% or more.

SBF 30-Oct-17: 13.6%

GBF: 12.5%

UGBF: 11%

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@HeartBiller

so sorry your not feeling well, kinda puts one off a lot of things.   you will make it to the weekend and start feeling better.

I have late duty tomorrow Yuck, and been eating way too much. so that makes me feel sluggish and not good.  so praying that we both have a better tomorrow and weekend.  

it's warming up slightly here so taking the pup out for a long walk tonight.

take care.

Best Answer