Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight loss

Just getting started with Fitbit charge 2 and started adding friends. Will my weight and weight loss be shown or will that be private? I want it private 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It's worth reviewing all your privacy settings at https://www.fitbit.com/settings/privacy

Each type of data can be set to be visible to just you, your friends on fitbit, or anyone on fitbit

Best Answer

Most of your personal data can only be seen by you by default. Even if you wanted your weight to be visible to all (or to your friends only), you wouldn’t be able to achieve that. The only weight-related item that you can elect to make visible is actual weight vs. target weight, but even that includes no numbers at all. For instance, this is what it looks like for me (from my public profile😞

2018-01-02_1435.png

I could be 60, 90 or 120 kg and you wouldn’t be able to tell.

Just use the link provided by @SteveH to decide who sees what.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another option is to simply not have "friends" through the Fitbit app. This has been my tactic. 

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having no Fitbit friends means you’ll never be able to take part in challenges. It’s worth realizing, as many people enjoy challenges. I certainly do.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes