Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

25 down

I'm an ecommerce and online business consultant who sits most of the day. Getting off my butt with a Fitbit Flex since 12/2014.
Best Answer

I dropped from 182 to 178 prior to getting my Charge HR, and since then I've dropped down to around 170.  My initial weight loss goal is to get down to 162, after which I plan to reset my goal down to approximately 145 pounds.

Best Answer

I haven't (but I have been slacking a bit recently!) I have noticed that my clothes are fitting slightly better though so even though the scales aren't down I'm definitely noticing a change in tone etc. 

Best Answer

I've lost 8 and a half pounds since I got my Flex a little over 3 months ago. Most of that has been recently, I didn't actually do much different the first month and a half I had my Flex. I pretty much just logged my food and did 2-4k steps on days off of work and 6-10k steps on days that I worked. Once I started working harder to get 70k steps a week (I don't try to hit the 10k daily because I don't do as much on rest days) and increasing my activity level as well as actually paying attention to my calorie counts rather than pretty much just logging my intake and not even really looking at it, the weight started coming off.

Best Answer

I completely cut out any soda or additional processed sugar other than ice cream. That is my cheat day treat and usually it's a Healthy Choice fudge bar (80 cal./bar). I gave up alcohol. I eat pretty much anything, but nothing more than my fist per meal. That means I measure every calorie I eat. I make out little portions with little containers and I am satisfied. I was 204 on January 30, 2015 when I weighed in with the doctor. I now weigh 174.7 today. I bought the Aria scale and weigh in every morning. I see my progress. I know for a fact that my scale is 2 lbs. less than my doctor's and my BMI measured this weekend at the 5K fun run at Anaheim Stadium after the run was 29.5. My FitBit says 30.1. So it's been very accurate so far. I have lost about 29/30 lbs. give/take an oz or 2. I eat salad every day with very little dressing. I measure every piece I put in the salad, I eat very little red meat. I eat turkey, chicken, and fish. I only eat about 4 oz of meat 1-2 times/day depending on the need to burn. If I burn more, I tend to eat more. Saturday, I burned 3800 calories throughoiut the day (including the fun run 5K). I have the FitBit set to a 750 calorie deficit. I have gone over and still lost a 1/2 lb. I have been losing about 1-2 1/2 lbs./week. I am not doing too much weight but more resistance bands and core work as well as the treadmill with incline of about 8-9% for 45 - 50 minutes at 3.3 miles +/hr. Everybody has different reactions to the workout, the diet, but I do know that you have to eat about 1/2 what you eat out and watch your choices. You have to give up something if you ate something that took up most of your calories. I don't eat much bread, but I do eat oatmeal, nuts, avocado, berries, and drink protein smoothies in the morning for breakfast. It works. It's just making a contract with yourself that you will budget your meals. Drink a lot of water and use infusions of berries, cucumber, mint (suppresses hunger) and citrus. It's really delicious and refreshing. I hope that works for you. When you don't see improvement, increase the intensity of your workout. 🙂

Best Answer

I do squats at my desk about 100 every 2 hours, I do have lots of stairs and I walk to and from the train every day. But the point is you can make a workout out of your office too. I also carry by resistance bands in my backpack and do arm exercises at my desk.

I am trying to not bulk but cut my muscles to tone.

Make exercise a normal part of your life. I go only to the gym 3-4 times a week. I walk about 3 miles a day at work and/then on the weekends try to get walking about 4-5 miles with some uphill endurance.

You can do it!!!!!

Best Answer

@Rnda wrote:

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Just to be aware.

Diet is for weight loss - done right just fat loss, done wrong includes muscle mass.

Exercise is for heart health and body improvements - done right encourages fat loss, done wrong helps muscle loss.

As it's said, you can't out exercise a bad eating routine.

Meaning, if you weren't losing already, you weren't eating less than you burned this whole time.

Increasing activity and eating the same amount obviously will have you eating less.

But if you start eating more - it won't.

So you might examine why you weren't losing these past months, or you may carry forward whatever the issue was.

Perhaps inaccurate food logging.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer

I bought the Charge on 1/5 on my quest to get healthy & more active this year.  I decided to start tracking food on it a few days later and then went for it and bought the Aria scale that week too.  I am down 20 of my 100 lbs goal.  I'm drinking the recommended 64 oz of water a day which dramatically cut down on my diet pepsi addiction.  I'm a vegetarian but I do eat dairy (& unfortunately junk food).  The moves in the wrong direction on the scale for me so far can be tied to salty food/snacks so I'm making better choices with my use of the calories.  My job keeps me at a desk all day so I have yet to consistently get 7,000+ steps but it's getting easier and 10,000 no longer seems impossible.  I have the premium membership and found its graphs & guidance very useful to keep me on track.  Good luck & don't give up!

Best Answer

I've lost 2 pounds in 3 days with my Charge HR.  Just got it on Saturday. 

Best Answer

Fitbit is a tool .... ultimately, its still on us.

and yes, i have been losing weight before fitbit, and i have been losing weight a lot better with fitbit. i never knew my non workout days burn more calories than my gym days. and that is because i fidget/walk 3x as much with those non-workout days... those really add up!

Best Answer
I have to say the HR has become my best friend. I started 03/02/15 and I'm down 26 lbs.only 84 to go.
Best Answer

Yes, I lost a lot of weight...but not because I got a Fitbit Zip for my birthday back in 2014.  I lost weight and achieved a healthy dietary and physical lifestyle.  The Zip and my TomTom GPS Sportswatch were useful in recording my exercise metrics (walking, walking, walking) so I could figure out what my calorie burn was each day.  Then, I tracked my food calorie intake each day and maintained a negative calorie count. 

So, the bottom line is you have to want to lose weight and get healthy.  No device can do it for you.

Lew Wagner
Author of Losing It - My Weight Loss Odyssey
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
Best Answer

I lost 20 pounds since I got my fitbit, but the best thing is I have kept it off longer than ever before.  The reason is I set up goals in fitbit (10k steps and 35 active minutes each day).  I have an Aria scale as well, both here and at our vacation spot (because I always seem to gain the 2 weeks at Christmas).  This last Christmas I gained 4 pounds, but I had foot surgery and was off my feet for 6 weeks, and then I had hand surgery.  Everything is fixed now, and I lost the 4 pounds pretty quickly.

The fitbit didn't lose the weight and get me into shape, but seting up goals really worked for me.  When I had to lose weight, I tracked what I ate.  I was very pleased that it was very accurate in how long it would take me, even though I am a 59 year-old woman.  I don't use the calorie tracker anymore-I eat normally Sunday - Friday, and go out to eat with my husband on Saturday night. I am lucky that my husband eats healthy, so we don't have a lot of junk around the house.  I work from home, and I was always worried I would gain weight if I worked from home.  But now, it means I can take 30 minutes between conference calls, and run 3 miles on the treadmill.

I weigh what I weighed in high school.  I weighed that for a week here or there until I got my fitbit.  Now I am almost at 1 year at the same weight.

Best Answer

I've lost weight since I have had my fitbit. It is not the gadget that makes me loose but it gives me realtime stats. When I look at those stats I can say that my goal is "x" and I am almost there so I may do more to reach it. I may have a day where I felt that I didn't do a whole lot but I look at my fitbit and I killed it. Other may feel like I over did it and I am under my goal. Its a measuring tool that helps make your actions visible to you. I don't use all of the options that it has but I am using it to see how active I am. Perhaps you should try to up some of your activity goals and push yourself harder because what works for some might be too easy for others. 

Best Answer

I am down 15 pounds since getting my Flex March 11th

Best Answer

Hi Rnda, 
I got my One in early December and have been losing weight steadily. I teach and do 4-5000 steps at work. When I get home, I have to get out and walk the extra 5000+ steps daily.  The occasional swim helps boost calorie burning. It's working for me without a change in diet. I think the consistency helps, I even  look forward to my daily walk even though it's 33 degrees outside. Stick with it!

Best Answer

I have lost 12.6 since I bought my Flex on February 21st (2 months). It is a new tool for me and so far I am having fun - treating it like a game - challenging myself to make my goal every day even if that means walking around my house in circles for an hour! I keep parking further away from my office in order to force myself to get more steps in. I have purposely become less efficient around the office so I can go back and forth down the hall more often. It's silly, but it's working. I have fallen out of love with Weight Watchers somewhat, even though I still go to meetings, so I find it funny that this new tool (which I bought at a WW meeting) is helping me get further in my weight loss in 2 months than WW has done in the last 2 years.

Best Answer

I've lost 33 pounds since I got serious 8 months ago.  I lost 20 pounds fast, and the last 13 slowly.  I think the best thing about my fitibt is the food log.  Keeping track of my intake has been much more important for my weight loss than my activity level.  Although - changing up my activity level definitely helps! 

Best Answer

I lost 18 lbs in 3 months through diet control which I monitor through an app on my phone and exercise (energy consumption) through fitbit. It funny how things either spiral up or spiral down. Over 8 months I have lost 35 lbs and now can run and walk long distances much easier. This in turn means I lose more weight making exercise easier.

Best Answer