Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791
I am 15 down in one month. The Fitbit provides inspiration with the challenges but the food and exercise is up to you. Lots to learn. Join a gym! Google yoga work outs! Have fun😊😊😊
Best Answer

To put it in perspective nothing is a straight line. I started with my first Surge last September, then crashed my bike and broke the Surge as well as bones. While in recovery I lost 20 pounds, but that was not using Fitbit. Since getting out of the wheel chair and back on the bike I have yoyo'd around the same weight. When I go up a bit I diet and exercise using my Fitbit app and new Surge. I prefer bicycle for exercise. My immediate goal is to use Fitbit app everyday and exercise every day. Long term I want to lose another 76.6 pounds. I believe the Fitbit and Surge will help me to do that. It is the simple numbers that count... Calories in less than calories out. Fitbit really helps to track all that. Motivation comes mainly from seeing progress every week.

Best Answer

Got my Alta 6 wks ago and I too haven't lost any weight. I too have been careful about reducing my caloric intake and drinking water. Quite discouraging. That's even with 1.5 a week loss reduction!

Best Answer
Thank you

Regards
Ashutosh Sharma
…..............................
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Mummsie wrote:

Got my Alta 6 wks ago and I too haven't lost any weight. I too have been careful about reducing my caloric intake and drinking water. Quite discouraging. That's even with 1.5 a week loss reduction!

There is a margin of error in both your Fitbit estimating expenditure (see this) and you counting (well, it’s also estimating) your intake (see this). If no weight loss occurs after 6 weeks, you need to make small adjustments to your exercising level and/or your intake. For instance, although you’ve been doing quite good on steps most days, your profile shows you still have a few low activity days (3 to 5k steps):

Kerry.png

Aim at making these days more active.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
I want to lose 10 pounds, a mostly walk to do so , I don't knw it that's enough to lose the weight I want. What other things I can do to lose weight
Best Answer
Biggest thing you can do to help you lose weight is to control how much you
eat. Calorie intake is the deciding factor in whether or not you lose
weight.
Take in more calories than you burn you will gain, take in less you will
lose.

Andrew Meyer
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:
I want to lose 10 pounds, a mostly walk to do so , I don't knw it that's enough to lose the weight I want. What other things I can do to lose weight

In order to lose one pound, you need a cumulative deficit of 3500 calories. If you want to lose it in one week, that’s a 500 deficit per day. If you’re currently eating at maintenance (neither gaining, nor losing weight), you can either eat 500 calories less and move the same, or eat the same and move more so as to burn 500 extra calories, or eat 250 calories less and move the equivalent of 250 calories more etc. Any combination of eating/exercising that will produce the deficit you’re after (500 was just an example). 

Whether or not walking is enough depends on the combination of your eating and your walking. It takes some time to burn 500 calories by walking, but it only takes a couple of minutes or so to eat 500 calories worth of pizza. Generally speaking, weight loss is 80% about nutrition, 20% about exercising. It’s tough (though not impossible) to "out-exercise" a poor diet.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi @Rnda

I lost weight in last 3 months after using my fitbit, last 3 months i did loads of walking and running after getting the Fitbit Charge HR.

Cheers.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Agree with you.

Doing regular workout and control over the diet will achieve the Weight Goal for sure.

Cheers

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner

I would suggest to do regular workout and control over the diet. Then you can see a lot of change in your weight.

Cheers

Best Answer
I have been on a 750 calorie deficit the whole time. Guess I was hoping to kick up the metabolism a little quicker with the Fitbit. I'm just struggling with the last 10lbs that always kicks my butt.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have been using my fitbit and tracking calories for 13 weeks and lost 14 lbs with a 500-750 calorie deficit goal. A good month of that time, I stayed almost exactly the same weight. Sometimes, there is just a plateau.

If you are within 10 lbs of your optimum weight, it's likely a 750 calorie deficit puts your daily intake too low. Most diets suggest never going below 1200 calories a day.The closer you are to your ideal weight, the less "extra" calories you have to cut. You might do better to change your deficit goal to 500 or even 250 calories and just know that it's going to take a bit. If a calorie deficit exists, barring abnormal metabolic function, weight loss WILL happen.

Another common problem is underestimating calorie intake. If you're up to being a little uptight about it, weigh your food instead of measuring. How much cheese is in 1/4 cup depends on how tightly you pack it, but 28 grams is 28 grams so weight provides for more accurate measurement.

Best Answer
Rightly said👍👍👍

Regards
Ashutosh Sharma
…..............................
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I highly recommend doing an hour of weight lifting 3 days a week.  That will dramatically tip the scale in your direction.  I also think you have to walk 15K to 25K per day if you want to avoid major changes in your diet.

Best Answer

I've had my flex for a month and i've already lost about 10 pounds! Seeing numbers for what i'm eating and my calories burned helps me a lot and is helping me learn better habits. I still have 80+ lbs more to lose but I already feel really good! 

Best Answer
I only have 3lb weight will that help any or do I need to get heavier ones, the past two days I walk 20k steps. I don't want to lose that much weight, I feel like a been walking my butt off to do so , and I'm just staying the some weight
Best Answer
Yes, 20K seems like a lot, especially at first. I try and spread it out
over the day with a 15 minute walk at lunch, park my car in a more distant
(and free spot) place where I get 1500 steps each way. You can have a
pretty good weight workout with no weights. Pushups of several kinds, body
weight squats, etc.

--
Michael Emerson
612 481 8489
Best Answer

I haven't lost a substantial amount of weight yet, but it's only because I was very confused with the calories burn goal, etc, and I was actually under eating and over exercising (though I wasn't eating low calorie by any means), which could had possibly put un-needed stress on my body. I've only had my FitBit Zip for about a week and a half. Now I think I have the hang of it, but we'll see. I've been a user of MFP and everything seemed so straight forward with my weight loss, but I do think Fit Bit will help me achieve my weight loss goals. I had been weighing myself once a week, but I think this week I'll weigh myself daily and see if I notice a downward trend to figure out if my calories in/calories out ratio is appropriate. 

Best Answer

always weigh myself every day for self encouragement.  One does have 1-3 pounds of error variation on most scales and due to changes in your body from day to day, so you can't get too discouraged with an up day.

@punchxcore wrote:

I haven't lost a substantial amount of weight yet, but it's only because I was very confused with the calories burn goal, etc, and I was actually under eating and over exercising (though I wasn't eating low calorie by any means), which could had possibly put un-needed stress on my body. I've only had my FitBit Zip for about a week and a half. Now I think I have the hang of it, but we'll see. I've been a user of MFP and everything seemed so straight forward with my weight loss, but I do think Fit Bit will help me achieve my weight loss goals. I had been weighing myself once a week, but I think this week I'll weigh myself daily and see if I notice a downward trend to figure out if my calories in/calories out ratio is appropriate. 

Best Answer