Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

I've lost and I've gained. 

Overall, I've lost 9.7 lbs since May 2017.

Best Answer

I have lost over 60 pounds and love my Fitbit’s help.

Best Answer

YES!!! I have lost weight,  23.2lbs in a year to be exact!!! I'm thrilled!!! It really motivates me. (I am highly competitive so if I'm sent a challenge I have to win.) This is a wonderful tool for your weight-loss journey, Keep in mind you cant work off a bad diet. You must keep your calories in check. If your armed with a FitBit and hit your step goal daily and keep a sensible diet you will loose weight!!!!! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
Yes, a lot...over 60 lbs.  I use it to keep track of my steps and heart rate and information that I need to get up off my butt and move.  I walked the 10,000 steps each day right off and now I am up to about 20,000...love the challenge.  I watch my caloric intake but eat everything I want including candy, pizza, popcorn and ice cream.  I had a taco salad Saturday and ate it all.  I do not go over my caloric allowance on any day...when I reach the goal, I quit eating.  I don’t go hungry.  P.S.  I have arthritic knees, but with the shots I still walk.  I am 69.
Best Answer
Awesomeness!!
Best Answer

Yes since I got my Charge 2 last july 2017 I keep track of everything from food to exercise. I always make my daily routine in the morning walk for 2 to 3 hours and gym for 2 to 3 hours in the evening. I enjoy it so much because I can feel I am losing weight and fit and healthy. and also my favorite pants and jeans that I could not wear for over 10 yrs are now fit me again :D. From size 18 down to size 12. I want to be size 10 and I will melt all that fat before new year and be able to fit to size 10. I love my fitbit charge 2

Best Answer
Exactly.   This is my theory and daily regime as well.  It takes time and work and, of course, a mind set that you are going to do the work to get the results.  Trying on clothes and finding they are too big is a result of having my Fitbit on my arm daily and working together to achieve my goals.
Best Answer

I've had my fitbit for a month and I've lost 5lbs. I've synced it up to myfitnesspal and to trendweight. I weigh in daily and I log all my food. I have not been 'dieting' as such, but I have been concsiously moving more - daily 5km walks or runs and just getting up and moving as much as I can through the day. Also, logging my food makes me more aware of what I am eating- so I think I am making better food decisions. I am also making sure to drink enough water and aiming for more sleep each night. I feel less stressed and happier. My goal is to lose 1 lb a week and go from being overweight bmi  (I'm 5"2 and 157lbs ) to a 'normal' bmi (need to get down to about 135lb to start with). Before I got the fitbit I was confused about how I was managing to put on weight slowly (about 10lbs over the past year) because I eat a pretty healthy vegetarian diet and I'm not sedentary - but, after logging food and exercise for a month I can see exactly why it happened (just a few too many 'treats' and a few too many evenings watching tv....so simple....). It has been very educational. I've never felt unattractive or overweight (I'm pretty curvy and strong and in proportion) but I don't want to become unhealthy and for weight gain to creep upwards slowly without me realising - and I think that I should look at the numbers and my waistline as a guide, rather than what I see in the mirror.

Best Answer

This is right on and the same basic way I lost so much weight as well.

Best Answer

I'm 4.5 down after 2 weeks. Fitbit alta hr + fitbit aria. My weight loss is most likely due more to my change in diet though. 

Best Answer

I find the overall visibility that Fitbit gives me into my calories burned versus eaten makes it much easier to stick to my goals.

Best Answer

@Kevinjb78 wrote:

I'm 4.5 down after 2 weeks. Fitbit alta hr + fitbit aria. My weight loss is most likely due more to my change in diet though. 

@Kevinjb78: short term weight fluctuations are often water-related. Since you’ve got an Aria scale, you may want to link your Fitbit account to TrendWeight (see link in my signature, also check the link in @Daves_Not_Here’s signature, as it shows a more typical weight loss), which helps you see where your weight really is going. It becomes especially after a while, when TrendWeight has accumulated enough data points.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Yes!  But I have also moved towards a more plant based diet reducing animal products, fats, sugars and salt.  I have taken off over 100 pounds and have kept it off for 5 years.  I am still losing, but it has slowed considerably.  FitBit and the competitions kept me motivated 🙂  

Best Answer
Yes, diet change and exercise is the reason for the loss, but it is a great aid using the Fitbit to keep track of your progress.  My husband got one as did my son and it is sort of a contest to see how well we do each day.  We are in three different classes as far as weight and age, but it is always fun to see how each is succeeding, as we all are.  I believe the Fitbit is a bit strength in my progress.
Best Answer

I am around 5 and a half months in and so far I am down 15 lbs.  I am quite happy with my progress so far.  Simply the act of recording my meals has helped me lose weight but I get a sense that I will have to put in more effort if I am to continue to edge towards a healthier weight.

Best Answer
I put my mind to it and since March 5th have lost more than 70 pounds...I am where I wanted...my goal.
Best Answer

I have lost 21Lbs since I got the fitbit in Feb.  I have always had great difficulty losing weight and am thrilled with my success.  I have gone down from a size 24 at my biggest to a size 14 now and from morbidly obese to 'just' overweight.  I recently bought a pair of jogging pants and am delighted to report that they were a 'medium'.  I am lighter now than I have been for almost 40 years.  Thanks, Fitbit, for keeping me motivated when I have wanted to eat more and knew I shouldn't.

I don't feel better for losing weight, but so many people have said how good  i look and the best benefit of all?  I no longer have to take insulin twice per day and even when I am quite ill, my blood sugar has stayed within normal limits when previously it would have zoomed up.

Retired disabled, Charge5, Android, Win 10
Best Answer

Congrats, FannieMa, that is brilliant!!!!!!

Retired disabled, Charge5, Android, Win 10
Best Answer

I started my journey in January 2017 I was 50 years old , unfit and overweight , I thought enough is enough and decided to do something about it, so my wife bought me a Blaze. I have lost over 30 kilograms (66lb) in 10 months , no diet just watching what I eat using the app, calories in and out. A few months ago now I have started running 5k on a daily basis.....I've reached my goal, I can safely say Fitbit has saved my life. 

Best Answer

I got my Fitbit for Christmas.  Used it for 6 months to track activity, but I didn't start to lose weight until I started to log food in the app and track my calorie deficit.

Best Answer