Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

Agreed, the food tracking is what makes the difference for weight loss/maintenance. 

Best Answer

11 months in and I have now lost 22 lbs.  I learned this month that if you aim to lose only a little weight you can quickly hit problems.  Ill health kept me tethered to an armchair for a couple of days and I had more than usual social obligations.  In both cases, I failed to control my fork.  Lesson learned (I hope.)

Best Answer

I lost some inches and 2 lbs since I got my fit bit 4 months ago.  But I have been moving more around 17,000 steps and I keep adding each day and more cardio and weight lifting.

Best Answer

I lost 2 lbs since I got my fitbit.  I average 17,000 steps a day leaving Sunday my rest day which I still move around but not as much.  I have notice my clothes are fitting looser.  I go to the gym from 5:50 am and I finish around 7:10am every morning during the week.  I think with spring here I will be outside walking more so I can get more steps in daily.  I think the more calories you burn average your calorie intake, only drink water daily or tea for super.  I feel I can get down to 40 lbs by the summer.

Best Answer

Similar to others on this thread, I have found logging my food a useful tool...it has helped me re-order my eating habits and I rarely feel guilty about snacking. I log all my food and recognise my 20min walk to work as exercise, along with the gym, swimming and yoga that I do during the week. 

In the 9months since I got my FitBit I have lost 91lbs, and 3 dress sizes. The real test for me (& the FitBit) is going to be when I reach my target weight and want to maintain.

Best Answer

I have lost around 2 kilos since getting my fitbit a month ago. However, I agree with the comments below that say it won't do the hard work for you. You still need to increase activity levels and reduce calories to lose weight. However, it is a great tool for keeping me on track, setting goals and keeping me motivated. Good luck with your fitness journey.

Best Answer

I am aiming for a 10 lbs a month loss. Congrats on your achievement. I'm hoping that while I lose weigh I am forming the habits to keep it off. 

Best Answer

What kind of diet are you following? I need to get back on track.  Not only had steroid treatments for my back, fractured my ankle in Nov. and yesterday got the ok for light exercise. yay.  By the looks of my doctor he doesn't understand I like to move.  Oh well,  charging up my fitbit and off I go.  Good luck on your goal JerseyPete.  I'm not a jogger but I'm aiming for a 3lb. a month loss and once I get back to walking 5 to 8 mile a day I'm hoping for 5lbs. a month.

Best Answer

My eating plan is high protein, low carb not to exceed 1,500 calories a day. Dec. 1, 2017 to March 1, I ate on plan and did an hour on treadmill four days a week and lifted weights 3 days a week. March I fell apart. The side effects from my lupron treatment for prostate cancer make it even more difficult to eat right and exercise. I am back to eating correctly and the exercise begins again after I move to my new apt. in a week. 

Best Answer

Hope you're feeling better and treatment will put you in remission, or keep you there for years to come.  Thanks for the info.  Will start a higher protein diet than I'm on.  And I'll get back to counting calories.  Good luck with your move.  Cat Happy  

Best Answer
He who controls his fork, controls his weight(yeah, I know, lame). But it
is true. Just keep going at it. Continued good luck.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
I think you are totally right.  I shall use this little quote in the future...thanks!
Franniema
Best Answer

Same. Same weight in 3 months with a fitbit charge 2.

Best Answer

Yes, I agree with that ... fitbit is no magic bullet for weight loss : )

However, I do like the comment made a few posts ago about what you put on your fork is what you will see in the mirror ... in otherwords, I have to do more than just increase my fitness (glad I am getting fitter, I must say!)

I find that when I follow a low carb eating plan like the one in myfitnesspal, I do start to lose weight. Somehow I have interruptions and keep dropping out of the logging of calories and must get back on, because it works, and without too much pain. The fibit calorie count does not work for me however!? 

Best Answer
I did behavior modification once and it worked well. I liked counting calories when you were out you stopped eating.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I heard someone lost 90 pounds in a 8 months!

Best Answer
Do what works for you.  Don’t fool yourself and don’t let others decide for you what you “should” do or “don’t” do.  You know from your own experience.
Franniema 
Best Answer

@GMSong...that doesn't surprise me too much having lost 91 in 9 months. It is fast (as a nurse pointed out to me) however when you find a way that works for you, that isn't a fad diet, it can be like your body goes "Oh I get it now!"

It is also quicker the more you need to lose.

Best Answer

Congrats on your weight loss.  Not only have you lost the weight you started a lifestyle to keep it off.  Not a fad.

Best Answer

I purchased my Charge 2 in last August. Now I've lost 20kgs (about 44 pounds). I have not been dieting, just eating normally about 2000 - 2500 calories a day.. However, I've logged all food and started a weight loss target. I have been walking like 10+ kilometers (6+ miles) every day. My target has been 15000 daily steps.

Fitbit has really helped me in logging my food and measuring a more accurate energy consumption. Just consume 750 calories a day more than you eat and you start losing weight. It's all about measuring things 🙂

Best Answer