Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me

Hello world.

Please help me. I'm trying to lose some pounds before the summer, actually 15 pounds. 

I don't know what you think is the best way of training to reach my goal - but right now I run between 3 to 5 kilometeres up to 5 times a week.

Maybe I should run less and train weights more? I don't know... But I have already lost 20 pounds by doing this, but I feel like I'm stuck at my weight right now.. Any tips? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Erkz. I am not sure what your diet is like but I am an advocate of switching things up and adding to exercises. Your body is smarter than you think and it will quickly adapt to what you routinely do. You run a certain distance but you can run further if your body is able, try a different terrain doing the same mileage (km) on a hilly surface. You can hit the weights in between to build muscle or try something different that you may enjoy. Basketball, tennis, swimming something else to get your body going. I have been walking consistently for a month and I do some stairs. I did a workout Saturday morning and now my legs are on FIRE. Something simple for 20 minutes had such a significant result. I hope this helps!

Best Answer

@erkz I think @bklynite's advice is really good! Tuning up your diet (running more or combining with weights) and pushing further on your diet will give you better results, you can do it! 

Good luck! Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

I will definitely try to run on different terrain, and try alternate training like swimming, cycle, football and activites like that. But thanks for the response 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad to help. Oh and keep up the good work!!! You can do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Generally my personal trainer has been recommending me to do 3 days cardio and 2 days weights. Some programs online have 5 days workout (3 cardios and 2 body weights or dumbbell exercising) and 1 day of stretching.

Your food intake may need a couple of adjustments. It depends on what you're consuming on a daily basis. Avoiding the bad quality of foods (Donuts, Power Bars, Protein Shakes, Candy, Chocolates) and focusing on the good quality of foods (Fruits and veggies, eggs, chicken, foods to build lean muscle).

If you're overconsuming, a dietitian would recommend a proper caloric intake if your fitness level is low to moderate. I generally get by with -2000 deficit or more. My permitted intake is 1200 calories and sliding by with a few low caloric foods and avoiding the bad quality foods. Plus avoiding bad choices such as a can of peanuts. Many like me eat the can of peanuts (3,000 calories average) or a container of B&J's ice cream (800 calories).

Best Answer
0 Votes