Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hormones

Hi, I am exercising 3 times a week for 60 min with a personal trainer for the last 4 years. Using my fitbit to check the calories in and out, I am consistently taking in less calories then I put out. I walk 5 out of 7 days over 10'000 steps. I have hypothyroid for the last 6 years and take Synthroid 1mg daily. I am 82.8 lb and have not lost any weight. My question: Am I too active to loose weight? Do I increase cortisol that somehow influences the accumulation of fat? My middle got bigger and floppier (I am 57) but overall I feel strong and tight. Does anyone know about how estrogen, progesterone and testosterone influences weight loss?
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@pinkphant: how tall are you? Asking because it’s hard for me to imagine how someone 82.8 lb (37.5 kg) would need to lose weight.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Dominique,

I am 5'4".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Upps! not 82.3 lbs, rather 182.3 lbs which is around 80kg. And I am 5'4" or around 163 cm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you must discuss this with your doctor. The inability to lose weight is a common concern for people with hypothyroidism. Even when on treatment, there is usually only a modest loss in weight. The weigh lose depend on your metabolism, not only on how mach calories are you eating or how much are you exercicing. Most people with hypothyroidism are treated with thyroid hormone replacement medication, are you shure that it is optimal for you? Check https://www.srsmiami.com/best-sarms-source/ there is a product used by profesional spormens.

Best Answer
0 Votes