Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I lost 77 Pounds

ANSWERED
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the community, @Sophiaarain, awesome achievement!

I have a few Fitbit-related questions: I noticed you joined Fitbit in January 2015. What caused you to wait until June 2017 before starting your weight loss journey? What Fitbit(s) have you been using and how accurate have you found calories burned estimated by your Fitbit to be? In other words, did the calculated deficit match your weight loss throughout the time you have been logging your intake? 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Congrats! That's awesome!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Great inspiration! 

Best Answer

Welcome to the community, @Sophiaarain, awesome achievement!

I have a few Fitbit-related questions: I noticed you joined Fitbit in January 2015. What caused you to wait until June 2017 before starting your weight loss journey? What Fitbit(s) have you been using and how accurate have you found calories burned estimated by your Fitbit to be? In other words, did the calculated deficit match your weight loss throughout the time you have been logging your intake? 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Very nice blog post that I think has a lot of great tips for a lot of people.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

So I Joined in 2015, but didn't really start using it regularly until June 2017. I had lost it for a while, and then found it. 

I found the tracking to be pretty accurate. I would double check labels or when there was no label, I might validate the calories for something with a quick google search. 

The calculated weight loss definitely matched what I was experiencing through out my logging. 

The first fitbit I had was the Charge HR. Then my boyfriend got me an Ionic for Christmas. 

What started me down this path in June was this... a Balloon Ride. My significant other had purchased a balloon ride for my birthday that was to occur at the end of June. He told me that it had a weight limit for a combined weight between the two of us. So I had a dilemma. I didn't want to admit that for us together we would be over that limit. So I started my journey.

I hope this is helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes