Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I'm Getting Healthy for Life

ANSWERED

Hi, 

It's been awhile since I've been on here.  I just wanted to give a progress update on my weight loss.  When I was here before, I was struggling.  I focused on exercise more than healthy eating.  And, now I exercise and eat healthy every day.  I joined WW Green to learn correct portion sizes and what to eat to stay a healthy weight and maintain it for life.  It's not a diet.  It's not temporary.  It's a lifestyle change.  I've been losing weight steadily and I get closer to reaching my goal every day.  My mindset had to change, because the body follows the mind.  I include God, because I can't do it alone.  The community support here and on WW is key.  We all need support and each other.  My exercise choices are:  Yoga, walking, and riding my stationary bike.  My food choices are:  lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, grains, and low fat/fat free dairy.  All my food is portioned.  I eat a very minimal amounts of processed foods.  I don't eat chips, desserts, sugar, or artificial sweeteners.  I eat fruit instead of dessert.  I eat Greek yogurt plain fat free instead of ice cream.  And, I eat the right amount of calories.  It's hard sometimes, but I will never go back.  The right mindset, being persistent, having patience, and putting in a lot of hard work equals results.  There's no magic pill.  If you put in the effort, you will reach your goal.  You have to find your why and never give up.  We all reach it at different times in our lives.  I wish everyone great success on your healthy lifestyle journeys!  You can do it!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I’m glad you checked back in with us, @SunsetRunner . You, my friend, have discovered the secret ... that there is no secret or magic. Eat healthy and move more. Keep up the good work! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I’m glad you checked back in with us, @SunsetRunner . You, my friend, have discovered the secret ... that there is no secret or magic. Eat healthy and move more. Keep up the good work! 

Best Answer

Thank you, @SunsetRunner !

Best Answer

Great @SunsetRunner! That's an excellent summary of what one really needs to do to stay focused and transition to a healthier lifestyle. I love the "It's not a diet.  It's not temporary.  It's a lifestyle change", I definitely agree 😀

Thank you for sharing this update with us, I hope to see you more often around the forums. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Just a follow up.  MyFitnessPal was a better fit for me than WW.  It doesn't matter what program you choose.  Just find one that works for you.  

-------------------------

Thanks!  It's about trying different things until you find what works for you.  The path is not straight, but you eventually get there.  Mindset has a lot to do with it, getting enough sleep, exercise, and eating healthy.

Best Answer

Great, thank you for sharing these tips @SunsetRunner! 😀 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer