Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set my weekly weight loss goal?

I recently began using my Fitbit Alta's food logging program.  A friend said that you set your weekly goal weight loss when you begin (she did 1 # per week), but I can't find how to do that.  I have my final goal set, but don't know how to put in the weekly loss I'd like to reach.  Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Click on log at the top of your dashboard. You should automatically default to the 'food' tab. The box where it says "Today I can still eat" Has arrows like this > on either side. Not the arrows next to "today" the arrows on the sides of that box that shows how many calories you should eat. Click the right arrow twice and you should see where you can set it. If you want to do 1 lb a week, you would pick 500 calories there. howtochangegoals.JPG

howtochangegoals2.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for your reply.  I was able to do that.  One more question:  Is the -500 calories automatically taken off my daily usage amount, or do I need to stay 500 calories under the amount I'm given to use?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@herekittyohio wrote:

Thanks so much for your reply.  I was able to do that.  One more question:  Is the -500 calories automatically taken off my daily usage amount, or do I need to stay 500 calories under the amount I'm given to use?

It's automatically taken off. There are two options, sedentary or personalized. If you pick sedentary, it only adds extra calories from activity as you earn them. If you pick personalized, then it guesses based off your activity so far and adds the calories before you've burned them. I preferred personalized when I first started, but, now I use sedentary instead. I've found that I prefer more available calories at night and sometimes with personalized I've accidentally eaten myself into a corner where I don't have enough calories left for dinner.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much!
Best Answer
0 Votes