Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i loose my weight

How do i loose my weight

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @tyronbacted. Getting a Fitbit device and starting to move more is a good first step!  From the picture on your profile, it seems you may still be under your parents’ guidance. It would be good if you asked them to take you for a physical. Besides checking various blood levels, s/he can guide you as to how many calories you should consume in a day. For me personally, I find it helpful to track everything I eat, even the unhealthy stuff. It can be a real eye opener, let me tell you! I did not realize how bad my eating habits were until I started writing everything down! 

But bottom line ... there is no magic formula for how to lose weight. Just this simple one ... eat healthy food and move/walk/exercise more.  Easier said than done, of course. But you can do it!

Best Answer

Start by figuring out your baseline.  Don't do anything different for the first week other than wear the device & track your calories.  Ideally you would weigh yourself each day too & input that into the Fitbit app too.  Once you have a reasonable idea of what your baseline is, start thinking about how you can tweak it.  Options include eat healthier by reducing processed foods, selecting a target calorie intake and trying not to go over it, increasing exercise including steps etc. 

Some food hacks - Don't listen to the low fat dairy craze...recent studies have debunked it but the feds are slow to update their recommendations.  Eat your veggies first at each meal so you feel less hungry when you get to the more calorie intense "stuff".  Try to keep dessert to meal-only or just a single piece of chocolate or partial serving to help with portion control.  Buy a digital scale - it makes tracking your food 10x easier especially for things like cereal or hunks of meat.

Some exercise hacks - Increasing steps throughout the day really does pay off without feeling like "work".  I like to turn on music and dance around for a few songs instead of doing specific "exercise".  The more you increase your muscle tone, the more calories your body will naturally burn and the easier moving around will be.

Even if your weight doesn't budge - if your clothes fit better, you're moving in the right direction by replacing fat with muscle.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moved to the manage weight forum as it has nothing to do with challenges

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer