Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stay with it?

ANSWERED

I work in an office, and my husband and I are about to move, so we are in the frenzy of packing and cleaning. Most of you have probably done this, so you know that it takes a lot of your "spare" time! We have been Fitbitters since November (swear by them now!), I lost 30 lb and he's lost 15 lb, but with moving we've slowed down a bit, and I have gained 2-3 lb back now 😞 It was hard enough already to keep moving because after surgery, there are some days I just hurt too bad to want to get out of bed, much less go jogging. But I digress...

So... what are your favorite ways to keep up the moving and not stop? We've all worked so hard to get the weight off, what are your favorite motivators to keep from slipping and putting a bit of it back on?

"You can't out-run your fork!"
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I agree with what has been said thus far. You are actually active with the moving. Perhaps you can do something while you are in the office. I get most of my steps that way by getting in walks on my breaks and l lunch. If I am good I can get up to 8400 steps by the time I leave the job. Factor in the cleaning and packing, maybe climbing steps and you are doing great. You may also evaluate what you ate when you were more active to now and see if you can find a balance.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

You're moving......that's a good thing.  Continue to look forward and remember from where you came.  30lbs is a tremendous amount of weight to lose.  I lose 30 also, so be proud of what you have already accomplished.  There are good days, and not so good days.  We all have them.  Just keep up the good work because obviously you're doing something right.

Sincerely,

Love my Fit!!

Burdie
FitHR Charge....Weight Watchers....Meltdown Challenge....Samsung......Windows 8....Educator.....Lucille Roberts
Best Answer
0 Votes

I set a timer - after every 30 minutes I must get up and move around. Ideally I want at least three blocks of 10 straight minutes during the work day, but if I at least get a few minutes after every 30 minutes, I'm keeping the blood flowing.

I'm an ecommerce and online business consultant who sits most of the day. Getting off my butt with a Fitbit Flex since 12/2014.
Best Answer

I agree with what has been said thus far. You are actually active with the moving. Perhaps you can do something while you are in the office. I get most of my steps that way by getting in walks on my breaks and l lunch. If I am good I can get up to 8400 steps by the time I leave the job. Factor in the cleaning and packing, maybe climbing steps and you are doing great. You may also evaluate what you ate when you were more active to now and see if you can find a balance.

Best Answer

Congrats on the weight loss! Wow, that's really great. I work in an office also. Some ways I get moving... Instead of calling a coworker on the phone with a question or short coversation, I get off my butt and walk to their office to talk in person. It not only adds steps but helps build stronger work relationships.

I also add steps in other ways. I've mentioned this in another post, but I do a lot of marching in place... when brushing my teeth, checking my Facebook or email on my phone, waiting for the microwave to warm up my coffee, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finding a goal and sticking to it. Cutting out the bad foods, only eating foods on my mission, double exercising (AM and PM workout sessions), finding limited time to sit down, finding distractions to waste time and not think about food, and rewarding myself at the end with things including a spa for muscle repair.

I'm mostly on a modified workout plan due to injuries. I use workout videos that have a modifier program. ie: versus the intensity of jumping jacks, I do modified jumping jacks.

If you have time for the gym, I wouldn't recommend running or walking on a treadmill. The elliptical machine is a better support with limited impact. Only resistance needs to be upped. No height climbing.

Best Answer

Hello MRose- Thought I would share my two cents...

FYI - This is my very first post in the Fitbit Community 😉

I signed up for my first Sprint Triathlon (3-4 months out). I think having a race based fitness goal to work towards is very motivating. Even signing up for a 5k creates accountability and excitment. Even if the goal is to walk the race!

Not really related to your question... but I also find standing while working makes a big difference. I've been standing and sometimes biking on a recumbent bike with my laptop on a surf shelf (http://freewell.com/products/surf-shelf.html) since Jan of this year. 

Getting a standing desk may not be an option for you (I work from home), but according to this online calculator (http://www.computingcomfort.org/create5.asp) I burn about 287 extra calories each day by standing while working vs. sitting. That along with my regular fitness activites has really made a difference for me. 

Best Answer

You know what keeps me motivated? My kid got me an MP3 player for the holidays. You can customize a bunch of playlists from ITunes. It's amazing how the right music can spur you on. Really...it's amazing how the right music can keep you going. I've been known to add a block or three walking the dogs because I wanted to hear something through.

Best Answer