Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much weight loss is needed for it to be noticeable?

Since January 1st, I have lost a total of 13 pounds (I was 128 pounds on Jan 1... 115 pounds today).  I got my aria scale in February and have been tracking my weight and body fat - it says I have gone from about 30% body fat (feb 10) to just under 24% body fat (today).  My BMI on Feb 10th was 22.6, today it is 21.2.  

Should I notice some real weight loss and size change (inches lost)?  My clothes fit the same.

At what point should weight loss become noticeable? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Normally its after about 10 pounds. But it doesn't sound like you have a lot to lose. So it might take a bit longer.

Do you do any kind of exercise as that help as as well

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s hard to believe you could lose 10 per cent of your body weight without noticing it in the mirror and with your clothes fitting the same. Surely if you had tight jeans, they should feel a bit loose. It can be hard to see changes in oneself (since we’re seeing ourselves everyday), but someone who hasn’t seen you for a while would probably see a difference.

What’s your exact goal? Your BMI was slightly above the mid-point of the normal weight range, now it’s slightly under. In other words, you’re still a very normal weight person, just a bit thinner. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes