Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Nutrition calorie goal?

I'm new to Fitbit, got it a couple of weeks ago. I connected my Fitbit Luxe to MyFitnessPal, which I've had for years.

Anyway, my current weight is 145.6 and my goal weight is 138. I want my Nutrition > Food to be 1300 calories per day. But my Fitbit has it set to 1,101 calories per day, which is too low. I tap on it and change it to 1300 calories, then tap Set Goal, but it doesn't save that information and still shows 1,100 calories no matter what I do.

I can change my target weight and other items. Why can't I change the calories??? Sometimes when I tap on Calories, the screen blanks out, showing only a white screen and "set a goal" on the bottom. 

I have made sure to have the exact same goals in MyFitnessPal so that there could be no conflict. I have also done Sync Now to make sure that the sync is current. Nothing seems to work.

Is this a bug? Is the information conflicting from somewhere else? I have no other apps connected to my Fitbit.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@themommyone if I go into the "You" tab in the app, scroll down to "Goals" and select "see all", I find "Food" at the bottom of the screen. I can tap on the calories to open that option. The + and - signs let you add or subtract increments of 100. You can also tap on the number and change it to whatever you want. Be sure to tap "Set Goal" when you are done, in order to save your changes. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

I did exactly what you say, and tap Set Goal, but it still reverts to the number of calories originally shown. And strangely, now it shows 1,161 instead of 1,101 which it showed earlier. I don't understand! I did walk around the house between the time I posted and then sat down to read your answer. Could the Nutrition > Food be changing because of the activity I just did??? I thought it was a set daily goal (???)

Best Answer

@themommyone I think that number is just intake. It should not change based on activity. Let's try force stopping the app and clearing the cache. Maybe that will help it remember how to behave. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

How do you force stop the app and clear its cache on an iPhone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@themommyone I'm not sure. I'm an Android user. @Baltoscott can you help us with this please? 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes