Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage weight after reaching your goal.

When I was 50 I lost about 20 pounds working with a nutritionist and personal trainer which brought be down to 125 (at 5.3)  As I hit my 60's my body composition and metabolism changed and what worked ten years before no longer worked, my weight crept up (132) and much was centered in my middle.   About a year ago, I decided to get serious, utilizing my Fitbit. My focus has been healthy eating, daily exercise, building muscle and using the Fitbit to track calories in and calories burned.   Now a year later I am at 119 which I probably haven't seen since I was 13. I have also built muscle and actually have abs, not a six pat, but pretty darn good for 65.  My focus has been eating 500 calories less then what I have burned.   I don't wan to lose any more, so how should I monitor my calorie intake/burn to stay at my current weight?  I imagine I have to burn more than I take in, but what would be a good differential?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Just eat what you burn. Maybe if your working out put more focus on low calorie protein (meat if not a veggie). That's basically it.

A further step since you mentioned your middle might be to be more mindful of sugars and fats and fatty oils.

Maintenance is literally just maintaining your calorie intake to what's burned. Admittedly the fit bit isn't 100% accurate in it's estimations, everyone is slightly different (genetic variation). So a little trial and error and you'll get it.

P.s. well done in your previous efforts!

Best Answer

Thanks for the response and advice!

Best Answer
0 Votes