Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How come fitbit says I've gained weight when I'm not logging food?!

Well, the subject line says it really. I decided not to log food intake as it's not a primary concern. I did enter height, weight etc when I set up the device - and I'm doing well over 10,000 steps a day, plus exercise sessions of different kinds. So how come in my weekly summary from fitbit it says I have gained a pound this week (and the same last time)?! For all it knows I could have been living on carrot sticks (I haven't...).

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Franc66 -- So the weekly summary shows any changes since the last time your weight field was updated. If you never update it, then the change from the prior summary carries over. I'm not exactly sure what happened in your case to show an initial change, but if you don't like weighing in, just enter your weight again today, the same amount as whatever it was last time, which would result in change of zero.  That's what the weight change should be going forward in your summary. 

Let us know how that works.  I can't check myself because I have a scale linked to my account and I weigh in daily.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

OK, thanks! I'm not sure how it happened - I entered my weight at the start
but I never updated it after that... I'll reenter my current weight anyway
and then either I will update it, or I'll forget about that field
altogether. Cheers.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens every week to me I have never amended the weight field and it says rack week I’m 1.5kg heavier. I don’t think you should have to reenter your weight for what is clearly an issue in the software

Best Answer
0 Votes