Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hubby has lost 4 kg; I've lost 0.4kg. :-(

Life is so unfair.

Hubby got me a Flex for my birthday and he has been walking with me. Today, he called me up from work to tell me that he's lost 4kg. I've lost 0.4kg in the same time period. And he eats, like, ten times as much as I do.

I'm sure I'm not the only woman out there who occasionally wishes she was a man...

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

You've only been using your Fitbit since Christmas (12 days). You've been hitting the 10,000 step mark almost everyday, which is a very good start. I'd say a loss of 4 kg in such a short period of time is highly unusual, almost too big to be true/healthy. Half-a-kilogram in 12 days is not bad at all. It took me two months to see any weight loss at all. It was only when I increased my daily step count to 15,000 that I started to lose weight (fast). Have you made any changes to your diet? There are only so many extra calories you can burn with moderate aerobic activity like walking. If you have unhealthy eating habits, you also need to make some changes to them.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would also depend on other things such as previous activity levels, how much weight needs to be lost, whether changes were also made to the quality (nutritional density) and quantity of food eaten, what drinks do you have and have you made any changes there e.g. sugar? milk? fruit juice?

All things being equal men do find it easier to lose weight than women.. not fair but nothing we can do about that. Just keep going. You may need to add some stairs or hills to your walks. Also pick up the pace, 'window shopping' pace is not enough sadly;-(.

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes