Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I burn 4000-4500 calories a day and eat 2000-2500 still not loosing weight It’s not making any sense

I m 37 ..5’11 ..211 lbs..I burn 4000-4500 a day 20000 steps and eat 2000-2500 calories a day ..still not losing weight ..my weight is stable ..why

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Hi @Daves_Not_Here I too experience the same thing... I don't measure how much I eat but my best estimate is I eat around 3,000 calories a day. I also eat very healthy and drinks lots of water. I try to drink about 140-180 ounces a day. Which equates to about 9.1-11.4 pounds of water a day... I weigh about 184 pounds and have actually somehow gained weight.. maybe I'm gaining more muscle? I lift for an hour everyday then I run a distance of anywhere from 4 miles to 11 depending on the day and finish my long workout with a core workout. Take anywhere from 1 hour 50 minutes to 2 hours and 30 minutes. Then I have another workout a few hours later which consist of either basketball specific training or basketball games or both. I will only train and play if my first workout was a shorter recovery run (4 miles). I will typically train anywhere from 1 hour- 2 then play 2hours-3. I do this every single day and if needed I will occasionally take a half rest day where I only do one activity ( once every couple weeks). So I'm burning quite a bit of calories and my intensity is always high yet my Fitbit doesn't seem to track it correctly. Especially when lifting. I wear it on my ankle so it gets the majority on my steps but it doesn't track or know when I'm lifting, dribbling, or passing. So I've concluded either I'm gaining muscle weight, gaining water weight,  but it seems my steps are tracking to low and not estimating the correct calories burned. I think this could be also because I wear my fitbit on my ankle when it's designed to be worn on the wrist.. 

Best Answer

Since my last post on this topic I managed to lose 10kgs. 

I'm not sure what happened but I owe it to Lockdown which made everything a lot easier having more time to ME. 

I started walking everyday and watched my food, roughly counting the calories. I think the biggest thing was probably I was sleeping. 

We forget the Fab 4. 

Eat
Exercise
Water
Sleep

In lockdown I was getting over 7 hours of sleep a day. It took time. I started soon after the new year and did'nt see results until possible late February then it just started to fly off. I've reached another plato now but happy with my weight. 

Fitness score is 44 and body fat is around 15%. Resting heart rate is 55, my BMI for the first time in literally probably 20 years is healthy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This by far is the best advice I have seen yet in the last year that I have been on the same path. I would also add totally avoiding wheat and any products containing gluten. It will be hard at first but the results are totally amazing in one week you will see results in your energy levels that will make you think you're going out of your mind.

It is not uncommon for me to eat a handful of vitamin supplements and wash it down with a 6 oz real fruit smoothie containing about 85 Cal. And easily walk 32000 steps burn well over 5000 calories and still have enough energy to go play 18 holes of disc golf after working 8 or 9 hr Day The reason is simple I am absorbing nutrition like a caveman because of the staining from gluten and sugar and all the other crap that other guy described I absorbed nutrition like a five-year-old. In about 9 months I have lost around 90 lb 8 inch off my waist eliminated 13 diabetes and high blood pressure pills a day.

I've learned a lot about the Crooked pharmaceutical industry with all their little fake diseases like type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea etc..

It's an amazing ongoing Journey I'm learning a lot.

----------------

I forgot to mention I'm 57 years old doing all this crazy kids stuff! I should also add that it is totally imperative that you abstain from all alcohol!! Or I don't think any of this success would have happened I'm well over 6 million steps 1.5 million calories burned 37000 floors climbed and my goal is 3100 miles in this first year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am religious in logging foods, using the calorie counts from the bar codes.  I weigh what I have to.

I use the Fitbit calories burn numbers.

Bottom line Fit Bit shows me with HUGE calorie deficits ( more burned then taken in) yet I either gain or don’t lose weight at anywhere near what you would think should happen.

My conclusion based on two years of data now is Fit Bits estimate of calories burned is grossly off.and calories on packaged foods is just as bad.

OVERALL, I have dropped weight, but I am plateaued for a year now.  

------------

I play ice hockey for two hours twice a week.  I have never burned more than 3600 calories, According  to Fit Bit in a day and usually around 3200, so burning 4000 to 4500 seems excessive…just my opinion

Best Answer

I think you are spot on 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This would be helpful if you said what supplements to switched to.

Best Answer
0 Votes