Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 40 pounds to lose and I just keep gaining weight!!!!!

ANSWERED

I burn 3000-3100 calories a day, i eat 1200-1400 calories a day. Most of the time it is very healthy eating. Lots of lean protien, 6-8 servings of fruits and veggies, complex carbs, No salt, no sugar, no breads, nothing but water to drink, and i eat 5 times a day. But i am gaining weight! For example, this week,  i am at a 10,000+ calorie deficit. BUT I GAINED 3 POUNDS!!! Please help me, i am doing something wrong and i want to correct it! 

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

more water please and more food!!! anything below 1200 cal is just not enough to keep your body functioning properly

I love yoga, pilates, knitting, my fitbit and walking my dog! +++ Started with 100 lbs to lose - 60% there - reclaiming my life and health!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kimberlytournoi wrote:

Hello I have been eating really healthy I have 40 lbs to lose, Have been eating veggies galore and fruit, fish and chicken. I feel bloated a lot and the amount of cals I have been eating are around 900-1000. Walking about 10,000 steps a day.maybe 3 glasses of water a day.

What is my Problem? Please someone help me too!!

Thank you, Kim

I'm guessing you massively switched up your diet to hit that low 900-1000 calorie eating level.

Because there is no way in the world you gained weight to the point you need to lose any by eating that low.

Don't imagine the bloat is from eating too much - rather too little.

Don't fear fat - needed for hormone regulation and absorbing many vitamins. Much in that fruit and vegetables could be wasted if not eating enough fat to absorb them.

Eat more stuff, that has fat - dairy has good amount and protein. Don't take the low or non-fat versions of anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Drink hot lemon water first thing in the morning. Lemon is a natural diuretic and the warm water seems to activate that property more. Just a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice in a mug of warm/hot water will help a lot.

Sometimes upping your calories by a couple hundred extra will also help because it will bring your body out of starvation mode and your body will work more effieciently burning those extra calories and then some.

Finally, eating 5 times a day is great, but you say 6-8 servings of fruit and veggies and even an apple is 70 calories, so if you only ate apples for 8 servings, that would be almost 600 calories alone. "Lots of lean protein" doesn't give us any idea of what the amount is. According to the USDA and taking your current 190 pounds into account, you should be consuming 73 grams of protein per day (0.37 x 190). That's about 300 calories a day of pure protein. Animal protein is often accompanied by fat so even though it's lean, fat grams carry twice the calories as protein or carb grams.

So, if you look at your diet now, and evaluate if you're getting enough protein, you may find that's your issue—that you're not, and that's why your body is holding onto calories. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NoMoreFatMarcy wrote:

I burn 3000-3100 calories a day, i eat 1200-1400 calories a day. Most of the time it is very healthy eating. Lots of lean protien, 6-8 servings of fruits and veggies, complex carbs, No salt, no sugar, no breads, nothing but water to drink, and i eat 5 times a day. But i am gaining weight! For example, this week,  i am at a 10,000+ calorie deficit. BUT I GAINED 3 POUNDS!!! Please help me, i am doing something wrong and i want to correct it! 

If you're doing all that and still gaining weight maybe you're not getting enough sleep.   

Best Answer

When you stress the body out enough, you increase cortisol hormone.

That increases water retention.

And as you can imagine and perhaps have seen now - that can be stressful in
itself.

Would upwards of 20 lbs be stressful? Because do things wrong enough that's
what you could get.

Your body is not going to be happy with being fed less that 50% of what it
burns - no matter what the food is.

Eating all those good fruits and vegetables so you don't became vitamin or
mineral deficient?

You are massively calorie deficient right now - and that's just as bad on
the body - hence the stress.

Bigger deficit and faster weight loss are not healthy nor better long term,
and rarely short term. Take your reasonable 1000 cal deficit if you have
over 80 lbs to lose and meet your eating goal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@NoMoreFatMarcy wrote:

If you're doing all that and still gaining weight maybe you're not getting enough sleep.   

The original post by @NoMoreFatMarcy is from February 2015! It would be interested to hear how things turned out to be, if she’s still around.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@kimberlytournoi wrote:

Hello I have been eating really healthy I have 40 lbs to lose, Have been eating veggies galore and fruit, fish and chicken. I feel bloated a lot and the amount of cals I have been eating are around 900-1000. Walking about 10,000 steps a day.maybe 3 glasses of water a day.

What is my Problem? Please someone help me too!!

Thank you, Kim

Hey I know you posted this awhile ago, how are you doing now?

My answer, if I had seen this sooner, would have been that you are eating too little and not drinking enough water.  Hope you figured it all out.

With Love, from the Pear Tree
Best Answer
0 Votes