Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost 50 pounds in a little less than 3 months!

Sorry, but I am SO stoked that I have to brag. But maybe my post will help motivate others...

Over my winter break (I am a HS Teacher), I went to the doctor for a check up.....and weighed in at 280. (I am a 44 year old male BTW and 5'11")  I knew I was over weight, but not THAT over weight.

So I did the classic "New Years Resolution" and made a goal of trying to lose 60 pounds by the end of the school year in June. I knew it was a lofty goal, but years ago in the early 90's after I stopped playing college football, I lost a lot of weight, so I knew I could do it again if I stayed focused. (life, beers, career, family, a blown knee and a motorcycle wreck were all factors for me putting all this weight on again)

I went full force on January 1st. (Did not get my fitbit until January 21st however.). In January, I averaged a loss of about a pound a DAY! I hit 230 pounds on March 20th....but now I am stuck on a little bit of a plateu. Still, the Fitbit has been INVALUABLE.

Here is the basic gist of what I did:

1. Only ate carbs in the morning. (A bowl of grape nuts)

2. Ate all protein during the day. If it walks, flies or swims....I eat it. About 1,800 calories a day.

3. Stopped drinking diet coke and now I drink a TON of water everyday.

4. I stopped drinking beer...but I do drink on weekends. I just switched to an occasional glass of whiskey. (Jack straight)

5. Started doing my eliptical every morning, and then made sure to also go walking everyday. (I think I average 20,000 steps a day.)

6. Walking evolved into jogging. (mid Feb.)

7. To ramp it up even more, I signed up for a local triathlon on April 19th. This motivates the hell out of me and I added biking to my jogging.

8. I WISH I could lift heavy like I used to, but I have a serious torn bicept right now, so I am just doing light weights 3 days a week. I think my results could have been WAY better if I could lift seriously.

Things I would have/could have changed:

I am invovled in off-road racing, so for one week in Febuary when we had a major race, I kind of cheated on my diet. I think that slowed me down a little. (I still jogged that week however)

Again, I wish that I could lift heavier.

I could have cut alcohol out completley

I have SO much more energy. I used to get winding just walking up stairs, yet now I look forward to waking up at 5 AM and going jogging.

Here is a before and after of my face at 26 pounds down:

down 26

and while the before pic here is BEYOND embarassing.....here is before and after at 50 pounds down. I WISH I was looking at the mirror in the before becuase the change in my face is unreal.

down 50

I HATE to say this, but losing the weight was......quite frankly....easy. Especially after the first couple of weeks when i really noticed a change.

If I can do it, you can too.

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

i AM SOOOO IMPRESSED! THANKS FOR TELLING YOUR STORY AND SEEING FIRST HAND. GIVES ME A NEW LEASE. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aw, Geez, Kurtuleas, if I give up diet soda, I won't have that much to drink! I really like Diet Rite. No sodium, caffeine or sugar. Yeah, now I drink a lot more water than I used to. Congratulations!.

fatsamurai

Best Answer
0 Votes

Need to lose weight can you send me all of the stuff you did to lose and eating

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hunrded : note that this topic was started in 2015, more than four years ago. The topic starter ( @Kurtuleas) was last seen in the community in May 2015, so you may want to tag him (like I did for you) in order to catch his attention.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

This is Amazing.  Keep up the good work!!!!  Thank you for sharing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kurtuleas @Your results definitely showcase the work you put in. Keep up the good work!!!!  Thank you for sharing your amazing story.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

reading your post gives me hope, thanks for sharing

S

Best Answer
0 Votes

What was your daily or calories burnt per workout?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! Congratulations! That’s very motivating! Keep up the great work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How to lose 50 pounds in 2 months: Losing weight is a tough task. Especially when you have a massive target like losing 50 pounds, it would be impossible without a considerable strategy.

With a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits, most of the people living in the United States of America are suffering from obesity. If you target to lose 50 pounds (23 kg) in 2 months, it gets you the average of losing 2.3 kg per week.

To lose weight over 2.3 kg per week, you need to lose 2500 calories every day. Weight-loss is all about creating a calorie deficit. When your body tends to lose more calories than it gains, it leads to weight loss.

https://gohealthline.com/chrissy-metz-weight-loss/
https://gohealthline.com/jonah-hill-weight-loss
https://gohealthline.com/jonah-hill-weight-loss
Best Answer
0 Votes