Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 7th to October 31st 2020 Challenge

Hello and welcome to the 6th challenge of 2020!

We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Any one is welcome to join at any time, just hit reply on the most recent post and let us know a bit about yourself.

Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, etc. please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for this challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

If you want to respond to or 'tag' a particular person with your response, type in @ and you will get a drop down box of recent users to choose from, this will alert them that someone has responded to something they posted and we will all see who you are talking to or about. For example: @_Lilac_  hope to see you here!

Best Answer
0 Votes
45 REPLIES 45

Current starting weight - 196.6 (9/7/20)

LW - 198.4

CW - 196.6

GW - 190.0 (10/31/20)

Stretch goal weight - 185.0

Mini goal - 195.00

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer

Is it too late to join your challenge?

Best Answer

Current starting weight - 198.2 (9/8/20)

LW - 198.2

CW - 198.2

GW - 192 (10/31/20)

Stretch goal weight - 188

UGW - 180.0

Best Answer

Current starting weight - 179 (9/7/20)

GW - 169 (10/31/20)

Stretch goal weight - 165

Mini goal - 165

UGW - ~110

Best Answer

Welcome everyone! It is never to late to jump into our challenges. You are basically just challenging yourself with motivation from the group. And this one just started yesterday! We usually run them from holiday to holiday throughout the year so some run for a month and some are two months while others are around six weeks. The title is pretty consistent with the format (date to date and the word challenge) and I always post the title of the new thread on the previous one so everyone knows where to look for it.

@Movinggal  - I hope this helps answer your question.

If anyone wants to share a little bit more about themselves - feel free! Where are you from, what is motivating you, tips and tricks you've learned on your journey, frustrations, anything at all.

Best Answer

I'm excited to start a new challenge with a new goal.  I do wish there was a way to track 2 (or more) weight goals with the app...I like having smaller goals to work towards in addition to my over all goal.  I can't remember if I mentioned this non-scale milestone or not - I can wear my wedding ring again!  I don't remember if it was with my first or my 2nd that I had to get my ring cut off.  I had it resized so I could wear it but then when baby 3 came along, I took it off before I had the same trouble. I bought a cheap silver band several sizes larger so I could still wear something a few years ago.  Now I finally can wear my real one again, after more than 5 years.  It's still a little snugger than I'd like, but it's on my finger!  

I really hope I can keep up the work...It's been harder lately to stay fully engaged.  This challenge, I'm also going to try and up my activity level.  So, non scale goal is to increase my activity by 20%.  (Not sure yet whether I'll be measuring that by average steps or minutes of activity yet!)  

USW: 285

UGW: 120 (mid-range normal BMI) 

SW: 254.4 (9/9/20)

GW: 246

stretch goal: 240

Best Answer

@Maggie  - I too can't wear my wedding ring on my ring finger, only my pinkie, and because of that I didn't wear it for many years at all. Never had it re-sized due to the 'it will fit again one day' dream. Happy to say, I think I am FINALLY on my way to fulfilling that dream 🙂  Wearing it where it belongs is my biggest non-scale goal.

Best Answer

LW - 196.6

CW - 194.4

GW - 190.0 (10/31/20)

Mini goal - 195.0 - Hit 9/16/20

New Mini goal - 185.0

UGW - 150.0

Best Answer

OK, I'm gonna do this as well (you watch me forget though lol)  Here are my numbers as of now:

USW - Ultimate start weight:  58kg

SW - starting weight for this challenge:  52kg

CW - current weight:  52.9kg

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in:  52kg

LW - last weight/weigh-in:  52kg

GW - goal weight for the challenge:  53.5kg

MGW - mini goal weight:  53kg

UGW- ultimate goal weight:  58kg

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer

@AmandaGeorge  - I see you use kg, so I assume you're not from the U.S.? 🙂

Best Answer

Nope, I'm in the UK @Cele21  lol

Best Answer

USW - Ultimate start weight:  52kg

SW - starting weight for this challenge:  52kg

CW - current weight:  53.2kg

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in:  52.9kg

LW - last weight/weigh-in:  52.9kg

GW - goal weight for the challenge:  54kg

MGW - mini goal weight:  53kg - achieved 21/9, New MGW - 53.5kg

UGW- ultimate goal weight:  58kg

Best Answer

USW - Ultimate start weight - 197

SW - starting weight for this challenge- 197

CW - current weight-197

PW - previous week's weight/weigh-in -197

LW - last weight/weigh-in - 197

GW - goal weight for the challenge 180

MGW - mini goal weight 180

UGW- ultimate goal weight

Best Answer

Progress check...how's everyone doing?  Last week was a wash, but I'm back to losing this week.  I've noticed my best progress usually comes when I'm very diligent with eating my veggies, so I'm really going to try and keep that a focus in my eating habits.

USW: 285

CW 251.8

Best Answer

LW - 194.4

CW - 198.0

GW - 190.0 (10/31/20)

New Mini goal - 185.0

UGW - 150.0

Attended an out of state wedding this past weekend, so I was totally off the rails in eating (which was the plan). Sat for many hours in the car. Ate junk food, fast food, wedding food, desserts, drank wine and lots of soda. After 30 days of healthy eating I expected to have an adverse reaction to all of this but my body took it in stride. No headaches, bloating or nausea. 

Today I am back on track with eating choices, no soda, and starting to add in more exercise.

I'm hoping the gain drops back off pretty quickly.

Glad to see you are all doing well!

Best Answer

LW - 198.0

CW - 197.0

GW - 190.0 (10/31/20)

New Mini goal - 185.0

UGW - 150.0

So after a week with no plan, I still lost a pound but realized I do much better with something solid to follow. I returned to the Eating Well website and found the 30 Day Mediterranean Budget Meal Plan. Did my shopping this past weekend and started yesterday. More veggies and protein and still very low in carbs. I have started walking again but am taking it very slowly so as not to aggravate my knee. Can't wait to see where this 30 day adventure ends up!

Hope everyone is doing well, staying well and keeping strong!

Best Answer

Progress report- 

USW: 286

CW 248.6 (10/2)

@Cele21 I struggle following a hard and fast plan because it usually doesn't last long for me, but I agree having some sort of plan works better than no plan at all.  Mine is to make sure that I'm recording everything, using my food scale as much as possible, so I can keep it to -1000 approx cal deficit each day. I know my numbers are not always exact, but it keeps me honest with myself.  The other thing that seems to help me is to make 1/2 my plate veggies.  whatever else is on there, if half of it is a veggie, I seem to be able to keep myself on the downward trend.  so far.  

I noticed the wrist strap on my fitbit is two notches tighter than when I began in May.  Not sure when that happened, exactly, but I'll celebrate it today!

Best Answer

I'm here! I know I keep disappearing and reappearing but I'm still around. After a lengthy amount of time of hibernation, I've now gone 5 days in a row going out of my house. GASP. I had a few errands to run and walked where I needed to go so I got some exercise. Yes, leaving my house is an unusual event. During my home-body state, I've been doing a lot of painting and art. I've been careful about food and I've lost a few more pounds. That's 17 total this year. It's not much but this menopausal gal is happy it's moving in the correct direction. With the exercise I'll be losing more, I'm sure. 

Will check in again soon.

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_ I'm so glad you have commented here today.  I  appreciated reading  some of your posts months ago, even though I never posted anything then.  I'll be you can't imagine how likable you are and inspirational to others.  

@Maggie I am considering a new plan.  I've been doing a little better diet wise, the last few days by using protein powder to have more protein and spread it better through the day.  Sometimes I eat something because I think I should for protein, but it doesn't have enough protein to be satisfying or nutritious enough to justify the calories.  And if it isn't enjoyable OR nutritious I would rather spend fewer calories per gram and then eat something enjoyable with it.  I think that is going to work better for mel   You have to be care full to get the most protein for the number of calories though 

Best Answer
0 Votes