Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not no dummy, but I don't understand! HELP

My Delma is that I strive for a 1200 calorie meal plan.......I find it's difficult even to eat that many calories due to the fact I'm full! 😀

So I do indeed eat 1200, I'm some what active all day, I'm a stay home Mom that pretty much every day make beds, do laundry.......you get it! Today my Fitbit says I've burned 1628 calories, I've done a meal plan of 1200 calories, my day is certainly not over and all ready I have a defict and I haven't even worked out yet. I alternate with working out at home or weight training at the Gym at night! Tonight is the Gym

Do I do my meal planning for 1200 calories in the morning forget the number?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

My Delma is that I strive for a 1200 calorie meal plan.......I find it's difficult even to eat that many calories due to the fact I'm full! 😀
So I do indeed eat 1200, I'm some what active all day, I'm a stay home Mom that pretty much every day make beds, do laundry.......you get it! Today my Fitbit says I've burned 1628 calories, I've done a meal plan of 1200 calories, my day is certainly not over and all ready I have a defict and I haven't even worked out yet. I alternate with working out at home or weight training at the Gym at night! Tonight is the Gym

Do I do my meal planning for 1200 calories in the morning forget the number?
0 Votes
All topics

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kruth69,

I would definitely take exercise into account when trying to balance calories in and out. 1200 calories isn't that many, so it would be easy to get into a bigger calorie deficit with a little exercise and everyday exertion. The more exercise calories burned, the more you'll need to eat to stay on your plan.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply

What would be a good calorie intake?
Considering I do work put 5 maybe 6 X's/week
I'm so lost been at this to set a good balance to shed the weight and not yet have come to a correct conclusion!
Best Answer
0 Votes

A good intake for you is one you'll have to figure out. Are you logging your foods in the Fitbit app. If you're doing that, it will tell you the difference between what you're taking in and burning in terms of calories.

Then depending on how aggressive a weight loss you're looking for, you can set a calorie deficit. Fitbit will take this deficit into account and give you it's estimation of how many calories you need. A 500 calorie deficit will burn around a pound of fat a week, which is pretty aggressive. A 250 calorie deficit works slower, but is easier to pull off in my opinion.

But basically, over time, the weight scale will confirm whether the numbers are working or not. With a few adjustments, you should be able to get a good balance.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@Kruth69 I've moved your post into the weight loss discussion board, since your not having a problem with the tracker itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kruth69 -- could you briefly describe your situation and what you are trying to accomplish?  I think folks here are trying to be helpful, but they may be guessing about what you are trying to do (at least I am).

Are you trying to gain, lose, or maintain your weight?  Does the 1,200 calorie meal plan mean you want to eat a total of 1,200 calories each day?  Or, do you want to eat 1,200 calories less than you burn (1,200 calorie deficit)?

Finally, unless there are some special circumstances, I don't think it's a good idea to force yourself to eat more when you are not hungry if you are trying to lose weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm trying to lose the weight!
I'm eating 1200 calories/day or trying to but like I said it's a lot of calories to fit in and I don't feel hungry!
When I do my meal plan in the AM it's a total of 1200 calories but as the day goes on I'm left with sometimes a big defiset, make sense?

Kimberly
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kruth69 wrote:
I'm trying to lose the weight!
I'm eating 1200 calories/day or trying to but like I said it's a lot of calories to fit in and I don't feel hungry!
When I do my meal plan in the AM it's a total of 1200 calories but as the day goes on I'm left with sometimes a big defiset, make sense?

Kimberly

Thanks, @Kruth69 -- you probably shouldn't get diet advice from "some guy on the internet", as we (1) don't know your complete situation, and (2) are unqualified to offer advice, even we did.

That said, I will now proceed to give you diet advice:  Record everything you eat, and don't force yourself to eat more than you are hungry for.  If you have a consistent calorie deficit and do this for a month, you should lose some weight.  If not, you'll have a month's worth of information that you can look at to figure out why.

Finally, I suggest you check in with your doctor, who should be able to give you better guidance.

Best Answer

Hi, @Kruth69, you have mentioned several times that you find 1200 calories a lot to eat.  Most people don't find that!  (In fact most people find it really hard to eat only 1200 calories.)

So we can get an idea of what is going on, can you give us an idea of what a day's eating is like for you?

Many people find it helpful, especially in the early days of trying to lose weight, to write down everything they eat -- even including weighing everything so they can be completely sure what a "serving" really is.

If you write down your food for a couple of days you may get a better idea if what you are consuming.  If you feel like sharing it here as well, you may get some useful comments.

Without more information I don't think anyone can really say more than you will definitely lose weight if your body burns more than it consumes (meaning it uses its resources -- stored fat -- instead of the daily fuel you consume, in the form of calories, to meet its energy needs).

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Some days I am done and logged 1000 calories so I will finish with a protein drink to get the rest or close.  Protein intake is my challenge everyday I aim for 100 g

Best Answer
0 Votes