Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent fasting - am I osing muscle?

I’ve been IF since February and have lost 13lbs so far. I only have 3-5lbs to lose. I’m 5ft 5”, female. 

These were my stats 2 days ago:

4/4/22

124lbs

Fat 28.6

Muscle 29.8

Visceral 4

Kcal 1295

And these are my stats today:

6/4/22

123lbs

Fat 31.8

Muscle 26.4

Visceral 4

RM Kcal 1287

I have the OMRON Karada Scan scale. 

What is going on? I IF 18:6 but regularly do 22hrs. It’s just what I’ve found works for me. I feel overall better and not hungry. However I do struggle to take in enough calories. I don't eat a lot of carbs, but I’m not KETO. I eat eggs, meat, chicken, cheese, milk lots of vegs and salad and nuts. But honestly, my daily intake is usually about 900-1100 calories. My TDEE is 1400 calories. 

I only have a few pounds left to lose so I’m scared to increase my calories or reduce my fasting window incase I start gaining. 

Help and advice much appreciated. 

Thank you. X

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I don't know about the muscle/fat thing, other than that my stats fluctuate quite a bit around the general trend (I'm losing weight), so changes only make sense over longer periods like a week or more. If you just got the scales, I'd suggest just keep measuring for a while longer to see what the situation is. 

Also, are your figures for fat and muscle percentages of total weight? If so they will be affected by how hydrated you are. Eg my measurements from the last 24 hours were fat = 31% at night / 34% in the morning, and muscle = 65% at night / 62% in the morning. 

(PS sorry if you already know all this!)

Best Answer
0 Votes