Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it really possible to lose weight without decreasing my food portion?

ANSWERED

subject says all ._.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In order to lose weight, you need to be in a caloric deficit. How you create the required deficit is up to you. Checking portion sizes is usually a good idea, as people tend to eat portions that are too large. Same with what restaurants serve. However, there are many other ways you can create a deficit: by increasing your activity (without increasing your intake correspondingly), but making substitutions in your diet (e.g. replacing junk food with higher quality food that is more satiating for the same amount of calories) etc.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

In order to lose weight, you need to be in a caloric deficit. How you create the required deficit is up to you. Checking portion sizes is usually a good idea, as people tend to eat portions that are too large. Same with what restaurants serve. However, there are many other ways you can create a deficit: by increasing your activity (without increasing your intake correspondingly), but making substitutions in your diet (e.g. replacing junk food with higher quality food that is more satiating for the same amount of calories) etc.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

apparently I was able to exercise more without decreasing my food intake at all. And I still ate junk food ._.

but the side effects are, now I sleep more at the day.

any solution for that? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @rinaldojonathan 

I would try eating healthier foods. A body usually does better on clean, nutrient dense foods.  Also, are you getting enough protein. Personally, I feel better overall and have more energy when I stick to low-fat proteins, vegetables and a little fruit.  

Best Answer

I hate vegetables ._. 

I started to decrease my intake of rice, and started to eat more chicken and tempe (made from soy). 

but when everything is fried ... well idk ._.

I might die soon from heart attack lol ._.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rinaldojonathan wrote:

but the side effects are, now I sleep more at the day.

any solution for that? 

I would say day-time sleepiness is more related to poor-quality and/or insufficient sleep than to diet. If you have increased your activity level, you may need more/better sleep in order to fully recover. What does your Fitbit tell you about your sleep?

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

@rinaldojonathan wrote:

I hate vegetables 

Looks like you’re from Indonesia. If so, you have access to plenty of delicious and healthy food, including lots of fresh vegetables. Take advantage of it.

Obesity rate in Indonesia: 6.9% (in USA: 36.2%). Average BMI in Indonesia: 22.9 (in USA: 28.8). Source. You live in an environment that makes it easier to maintain a healthy weight, take advantage of it.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Mostly “fair”, but sometimes “poor”. Like 2 times in a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t say my sleep is great, but based on my own experience, I’d say "poor" is indeed "poor", but "fair" is rather euphemistic and Fitbit’s way not to discourage us. I’m getting a mix of "fair" and "good" (about 50-50), with only one "poor" this year so far. This is with an average time asleep of 6h30-7h00, which I know is not sufficient. You probably have even less than that. I would work on improving sleep: your daytime sleepiness clearly points to a need for that.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

I started to worry about myself, I only slept like 2 to 3 hours a day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to make up your mind on what you want to do and then work towards achieving it. You are really the only person that can help you.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

so here it goes ... 

I started doing more exercies. Either running or walking everyday. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-bxfiaFmbT/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-ZUcXKlTtV/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-PChNyFw85/

sometimes when I can't sleep, I workout. then take a shower at 3 in the morning. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-KrC85lmUk/

and I still can't decrease my food portion ...

about my sleep, while I still can't sleep at night, I usually divide my sleep to 3-4 hours at night, and another 3 hours day napping. 

and ... while everyone tells me that I started looking slimmer (I feel my pants are starting to feel loose), but I don't actually lose any weight. Staying the same, 108,5kg 

what now? keep walking 2km everyday? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You would have to exercise more and burn more calories if you wanted to lose weight and keep eating the way you are.

Weight loss is all having a calorie deficit. I used a scale for a while to actually see what I was consuming and created a good 500-700 cal deficit to start. Intermittent fast as well (16:8).

Lost 16 pounds and have another 12 to go.

Best Answer
0 Votes