Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my weight loss progress too slow?

So I actually started working out on June 19, weighing 224 pounds. The following is my TrendWeights plot since I got a Fitbit, on July 4. Is my progress too slow?

1y

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It looks like about six pounds a month. That's great progress! Looking back, it may seem easy to you now.

Best Answer

@PanthersLuke - there is no wrong speed to lose weight.  For most people though the slower the loss the easier it is to maintain.  It may mean that you've found a new way of eating that seems natural to you.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Your curve looks fine to me. There’s an interesting phase in September-October where your weight loss appears to have stalled for 3-4 weeks. I don’t know whether it was intentional (diet break) or not, but many people tend to be disappointed and even panick when this occurs (the dreaded "plateau"). You appear to have overcome the plateau just fine. What are your plans from now on? Do you need/want to lose more? A common recommendation is that, as you get closer to your goal, your deficit should be smaller than at the beginning of your weight loss, so I wouldn’t worry about your progress being "too slow": on the contrary, it may be a good idea to make it even slower, and also to include full diet breaks when you feel there’s a need for them.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks good man!! congrats

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
0 Votes