Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good sign?

Hi peeps I'm back. Finally hittingbelow 20%bf as my target this year.

However I'm worry if this is due to my increase in weight recently. I noticed always bf drop when weight is up and vice versa. Not sure if this is due to carbs holding more water which skew the results. I'm monitoring at this time. I just recently back from Berlin and after weighing myself it drop to 13%. Strange the fitbit aria always behave similarly when I am back from aboard. Attached some resultsScreenshot_2018-12-04-08-49-41-017_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Your weight will always effect BMR

The BMR will go down when losing. It will never stay the same

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Your fitbit also calculates calories burned for your BMR. You burn calories just by being alive! Even Sleeping. Fitbit includes these burned calories in it's calorie calculations, so even if you did not wear the fitbit, you'll still burn these calories.

Read this http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-does-Fitbit-know-how-many-calories-I-ve-burne...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

carbs and salt hold water. If you are eating food higher in sodium and then stop, you will lose the water weight and it will affect your body fat ratio as well. I wouldn't pay attention to a single number on any day, you are looking for consistency and trends. If you are holding steady, you need to change stuff up to get it lower or stay for awhile and see how it feels. If you are trending up without coming back down, changes need to be made. Don't look at a day.. it will drive you nuts and not really mean anything except for a smile or sigh in that moment of time. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Aside from the problematic way in which impedance estimate for body fat % which people have already mentioned related to hydration which can introduce errors as much as 5-10% or more; the numbers provided to one decimal place imply a measurement accuracy that these types of scales are unlikely to be able to provide (no matter what the marketing hype claims).

I would say record the numbers but see them for what they are, at best they might show you trends over months but as individual readings are probably fairly meaningless or just reflect a ball park figure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_2018-12-12-08-58-55-276_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.png

Omg guys the scales just went bonkers today. Crazy piece of equipment. 

Best Answer
0 Votes