Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you manage measuring inches?

Hi Community,

I am at the point where I've got my calorie intake down pat. However, I hate being "fat-skinny." I would like to be lean (and in the long run, swift and limber). How can Fitbit help me manage my weight maintenance with a lean body type? Measuring inches is a new concept to me; how do y'all go about maintaining weight while building muscle?

And what is your method of determining an accurate body fat % for the Fitbit log?

Thanks!

-kat

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

There are many ways to assess body fat, all with known limitations: BIA scales like the Fitbit Aria/Aria2 and many others, skinfold calipers, body measurements, the mirror, DEXA scans etc. In the end, improving body composition is a matter of doing the right things (engaging in a sensible resistance training program and eating in accordance with your goals) consistently, and trusting the process (because it will take time).

Regarding your question about inches: I personally measure centimeters, because I’m a metric guy Smiley LOL. I focus on waist circumference, though I’ve found it doesn’t provide much added value compared to body weight: having monitored my weight for 5.5 years, I know my waist varies by about 1 cm up and down for each 1 kg being gained/lost, so I could just as well monitor weight (which is what I’m doing, since it’s more convenient). I don’t bother with other body measurements (legs, arms, chest etc.): I monitor my lifts instead, and as long as I’m making progress over time, I know I’m doing the right things.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes